The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
problem is the steady erosion of jobs ......... my bank in the Uk doesnt even have tellers anymore in the branches ........ I damn near have to have to go through summersaults trying to speak to a real person at most customer services at a lot of these corporations

Yeah that's even a BIGGER issue is that humans are losing jobs due to technology advancing in the era we live in. Man is basically outdoing it's self in the name of trying to save money and make profits at the same time. I remember watching the news a few months ago about amazon opening up it's own grocery store in Seattle where you can do your own self-checkout no cashiers are involved. If that store takes off and amazon decides to go for nationwide expansion a lot of people are going to end up w/o jobs. I hate when I have to take care of business over the phone and have to go through an automated service and about 5-6 prompts before I can talk to anyone.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah that's even a BIGGER issue is that humans are losing jobs due to technology advancing in the era we live in. Man is basically outdoing it's self in the name of trying to save money and make profits at the same time. I remember watching the news a few months ago about amazon opening up it's own grocery store in Seattle where you can do your own self-checkout no cashiers are involved. If that store takes off and amazon decides to go for nationwide expansion a lot of people are going to end up w/o jobs. I hate when I have to take care of business over the phone and have to go through an automated service and about 5-6 prompts before I can talk to anyone.

This is what I keep telling people....

at one point it was cheaper for these corporations to outsource work overseas ..... now these fukkers dont even want to pay some 14 year old kid in India $2 an hour for a 14 hour a day job ...... everything than can be automated will be

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
My cdn brehs know
@trick
@Techniec
@Miggs

Remeber consumers distribution?

You'd just go to some little ass store look through a binder for what you want and wait 15-20 min for them to bring it out.

Yep, I remember going to the store at Vic Park/Sheppard. I remember going to the Chuck E Cheese there and heading over to that store afterwards to check stuff out with my family. I think that store went out of business in 97 or 98 breh. fukk, that was a long time ago.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Jobs are just shifting to warehouses, not being lost like that. If you notice, warehouse districts are booming and they're still building more.

Goods still have to be stored, shipped and delivered to people's homes.

Let's not hit the panic button here just yet :skip:

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yup right off consumers rd
Those blue pencils

That's the model that would work nowadays

Yep, I remember going to the store at Vic Park/Sheppard. I remember going to the Chuck E Cheese there and heading over to that store afterwards to check stuff out with my family. I think that store went out of business in 97 or 98 breh. fukk, that was a long time ago.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Yup right off consumers rd
Those blue pencils

That's the model that would work nowadays

I think that could work. You open your distribution center up to the masses in major cities. If you need something, you can pick it up there. If you want it shipped to you, you gotta pay a premium for the item unless you pay a certain amount.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
My cdn brehs know
@trick
@Techniec
@Miggs

Remeber consumers distribution?

You'd just go to some little ass store look through a binder for what you want and wait 15-20 min for them to bring it out.
that catalogue :banderas:....remember waiting at the counter with my grandpa because he bought me silverhawks figure :wow:

888bb5593e35f33c9b7652e2856175f1.jpg

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:francis:This is one of the reasons I am trying to hustle my ass off now. I been following AMD's success with recent launches, namely their new CPUs, and the chief Architect behind it,
Jim Keller, moved on to work on A.I. Artificial Intelligence, self driving cars, self everything...its bout to be a cold future soon. For real, Universal income will be on the table in 15-20 years, it is
coming that fast. The nations eating off of their own cheap labor will also suffer when technology even takes their meager pay out of the equation.

None of this is good. Mind you, them big ass stores that close means less jobs, smaller tax base, and less reason to invest in said area. Its a problem that perpetuates itself within a generation.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:This is one of the reasons I am trying to hustle my ass off now. I been following AMD's success with recent launches, namely their new CPUs, and the chief Architect behind it,
Jim Keller, moved on to work on A.I. Artificial Intelligence, self driving cars, self everything...its bout to be a cold future soon. For real, Universal income will be on the table in 15-20 years, it is
coming that fast. The nations eating off of their own cheap labor will also suffer when technology even takes their meager pay out of the equation.

None of this is good. Mind you, them big ass stores that close means less jobs, smaller tax base, and less reason to invest in said area. Its a problem that perpetuates itself within a generation.

Amazon are even trying to cut out delivery drivers by testing drone deliveries ........ its going to get real very quick

for all this talk about bringing back manufacturing to the States its gonna be like the Spacely Sprocetts in The Jetsons where George Jestson just presses a start button everyday and the robots do the work