The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Isn't the economy a service economy that is built on retail jobs? So if the factories ain't coming back, and retail is dying then what will be the backbone of the US economy then? :jbhmm:Looks like the decline of America is on full force.

Basic income, or else the entire first word will burn to the ground. We have reached that pivotal point.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Yep for some reason people keep dismissing this automation shyt lol. It's about to take over.

Azz backward thinking people don't want you to think of the future. They think like an old mule of an employee, that begs for work. The 20th century model been over.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
In certain parts of Western Europe youth unemployment is as high as 40% ....... a lot of the entry level retail jobs are gone

this is officially the first generation that will be worse off than their parents

Yep. Thats why kids of Generation Z has to beg their parents for money, cause economic opportunity is scarce. Wasn't it like that when I was 13 and doing mad hustles, before the internet came in and wrecked shyt over.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
it has already..i predicted this last year!

all those cozy retail jobs that the dime piece cuties were use to getting are now GONE..........

I know this one dimepiece whom i helped with her resume was looking to work at Victoria's Secret in retail...

got mad disapointed last year during holiday time when they told her they gonna stick her in the STOCK ROOM and it's only gonna be seasonal and she would only get like 20 hours at the most cause they didn't wanna give her a full 40 because they would have to provide insurance

and they couldn't give her full time anyway cause it was just a peak season ...because most of victoria's secret sales base were ordering online anyway :manny:

and women on the coli got upset when i said Selling RECYCLABAL GOODS is the NO. 1 side hustle amongst working class women (18 to 39)

:mjpls: pretty ladies are gonna have to learn how to be able to adapt to marketing the selling of azz since the selling of consumer goods is at an all time low

"You ain't a Bad Bytch, you a Bytch doing bad!"

:bryan:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Cause they sell food

this. and while people are flocking online to cop whatever they want in droves, outside of a pizza delivery, what other food can you order online and get quicker than physically being in a market and buying a ton of junk food (which is what target and walmart mostly sell).

people can wait on a package to get delivered but your (American) stomach cant wait a few hours until its screaming for another meal. Which is why people will even pay more for shyt at a bodega if its closer to their crib. Which is why its mind boggling when i hear about supermarket chains going out of business because it's not impossible to figure out what your customer base eats and then adjust accordingly.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's ultra gay my nikka.

as someone that used to work at an outlet mall, I beg to differ. A few years ago the outlet mall where I used to work used to ALWAYS be packed. regardless of the weather., but nowadays it's damn near a ghost town (compared to back then).
I was at the outlet mall 2 days ago, and it was dead. granted it was tuesday, but still. I went to Ugg, and there was only 4 people shopping.
The only outlet stores that I know of that are doing good, are Burberry, Gucci & higher end stores like them. Even Coach is toeing the line. Years ago Coach would always have a line out the door early saturday/sunday mornings, idk if it's still like that, but I was told that they weren't doing that good.

Them asians keep woodbury packed bruh for now for bootleggin purposes but even that will be effected if people are broke. Reminds me i gotta go rack up on some of them deals for the spring

:mjgrin:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
this. and while people are flocking online to cop whatever they want in droves, outside of a pizza delivery, what other food can you order online and get quicker than physically being in a market and buying a ton of junk food (which is what target and walmart mostly sell).

people can wait on a package to get delivered but your (American) stomach cant wait a few hours until its screaming for another meal. Which is why people will even pay more for shyt at a bodega if its closer to their crib. Which is why its mind boggling when i hear about supermarket chains going out of business because it's not impossible to figure out what your customer base eats and then adjust accordingly.

Exactly, that's why Target and Walmart are smart. They put food as half of their inventory, and still able to sell clothes, bathroom/hair/makeup items, furniture, house appliances, etc etc. Also alot of the times, they would add a Pharmacy, a fast food restaurant, and a bank, which is really ingenious

But what people don't realize is that this influx of the internet might be a sign that the economy is going to the shytter. From the huge recession in 2008, the country had a little economic resurgence mostly because of computers/internet. They were able to cut overhead costs to keep their business alive. So they were able to create more jobs temporarily. But the lack of homegrown manufacturing creates a lack of economic base, which would soon make that slight economic resurgence bubble to pop

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Don't see self driving cars being a regular thing for another 20 years

Nobody will have bread to go anywhere.
So uber will die too.
As uber can not just survive moving around the white people who give out jobs and the people they give them to solely.

Art Barr

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
syddakidjamaicanroots.png

You should hear hear their music. Hell, Syd's (hoodie) solo is dope as hell
Not to take this thread off topic, but I was playing 2K and that one Internet song Special Affair came on. That was always my jam. Looked to see what the Internet done lately. Saw Syd just dropped her debut last month.

Breh the album is fukking fire. Absolute flames. Chick got so much talent. That voice :ahh:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
weird bc the malls where I'm at are always booming, but I never seen there books
ATL nikkas, is phipps and lenox seeing these problems?

ImGucci

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NY
Well I know this article must not be counting NY in decline.

Anybody whose been to Green acres or Roosevelt Field mall in the past year will tell you its always packs. And they doubled the size of both malls in the past year.