The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Jobs are just shifting to warehouses, not being lost like that. If you notice, warehouse districts are booming and they're still building more.

Goods still have to store, shipped and delivered to people's homes.

Let's not hit the panic button here just yet :skip:

Yup, this is the industry I'm in and have been in since graduating college. shyt ain't going nowhere and it's starting to really become cutthroat.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
they on their way out of business

I hope banana republic ain't goin out of business. they make really good jeans that fit me right. not skinny jeans, and definitely not baggy :ahh:

as for the price, just wait til they go on sale when you can get shyt for like 70% off. no use ever buying shyt regular price up there.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I work for a major department store in the corporate side of the business. Fortunately my company is actually doing rather well. Since 2011 our total sales have grown 35%. Though our stores last year did do $300 million less then the previous year. Any company that doesn't have a strong web presence is fukked. People want to be able to buy from the comfort of their home and have something delivered to their house. No more getting in a car and driving to a brick and mortar and looking for parking and spending money on gas.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
this is the worst. and the kicker is they will have you typing in all your info and verifying it beforehand, and then as soon as you get someone from india on the phone, they will ask you ALL THE SAME QUESTIONS that you previously confirmed :aicmon:

It irritates the shyt out of me when they do this very badly and then it don't make matters any better when you have to deal with a foreigner that doesn't speak English very well or speaks broken English where you can barely get what their saying.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
the internet killed VHS's/DVD's, and now they're about to kill retail stores..bal harbour's gonna be untouched tho lol
What you talking about? People have all kind of home made VHS and DVDs that are not digital format on the computer.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel bad for all those hard working folks that will lose jobs over this. Seem like a lot of middle-aged folks working at my local mall. Would suck ass for them especially if they're supplying a significant portion of their household income.

In certain parts of Western Europe youth unemployment is as high as 40% ....... a lot of the entry level retail jobs are gone

this is officially the first generation that will be worse off than their parents

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
One of the things that always pisses me off is going to best buy and they don't have all the cheaper website shyt in the store, then they wonder why people come there less and less. They stores be filled with all the most highprice shyt instead stuff that is more likely to sell.