The Reason that "Ali" was a boring ass mess was becuz of Will Smith

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I actually really enjoyed this movie and thought will smith was great in it. Especially the choreography of the boxing matches. If you watch them compared to the real ones they actually matched some parts of the fights blow for blow. Wasn't just some rocky style trading haymakers shyt that they do in most boxing movies. Best in the movie boxing in the genre imo
My only criticism would be the Will smith mannerisms seemed to be mimicking that of the older ali when he was slower and presumably starting to feel the effects of parkinsons. Ali's speech patterns in the 60s are much different than his speech patterns in the 70s. But i feel like this might be because he actually met with and studied ali for real when preparing for the role.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lemme quote myself

Will really didn't want Spike to direct it but wanted sum garbage cac to do it. And imo it turned out being boring and wack as fukk. I've given Will a side eye ever since for that shyt
Unpopular opinion, but Spike isn't really a great director. Especially when it comes to Biopics. If it wasn't for Denzel, Malcolm X would have been boring as fukk too.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unpopular opinion, but Spike isn't really a great director. Especially when it comes to Biopics. If it wasn't for Denzel, Malcolm X would have been boring as fukk too.

I rewatched Malcolm X for the first time in years and nah, can’t agree. That movie’s a masterpiece. The way Spike paid homage to different eras of film to reflect different time periods in Malcolm’s life was brilliant

As for Ali, Michael Mann is a great director and the movie had some great moments but ultimately his understated style didn’t really work for this. I think Spike would’ve done a better job

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
will has bigger problems now

GMB
safe_image.php