The Queens Ask Ice Cube About Black Women in The Contract

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
So emotional and angry.

I’ve been pushing my reps, attending community meetups, writing my reps for reparations, and other things for damn near a few years now. Chill out with the bold.

Black women are dying in these hospitals. The mother of my child had a damn near scare where she had to have an emergency c-section, and me knowing the stats, I realized I could’ve lost her and my baby right then. Cube is doing great, but there is nothing wrong with adding something pertaining to medical health. I like the fact that Cube even told them to write something up and he’d help.
I stand corrected:yeshrug:, Salute to you and yours playa!

Daps
I’m a woman and that’s not completely true. Some BW think that way, others don’t. We aren’t a monolith.

Dont you have a teenage daughter? Will you lump her in with the generalizations you make about bw (not just in this thread but others) once she reaches womanhood?

Yea its alot of bw who dont think like that

Just look at the comment section carmel

Almost all agree with cube and didnt think bw needed they own section

That the intersectional crowd who pit men and women against each other

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Basically black women want a section that addresses these area for them like in Biden's plan
  • Fight for equal pay. African American women earned 61 cents for every dollar earned by white men in 2017. This totals $23,653 less in earnings in a year and $946,120 less in a lifetime. The Obama-Biden Administration protected more workers against retaliation for discussing wages and required employers to collect and report wage gaps to the federal government. As President, Biden will codify this into law, and he’ll make it easier for workers to join together in class action lawsuits, shift the burden to employers to prove pay gaps exist for job-related reasons, and increase penalties against companies that discriminate, as called for in the Paycheck Fairness Act. And, he’ll hold companies accountable by increasing funding for investigators and enforcement actions.

• Reducing our unacceptably high African American maternal mortality rate. African American women are 2.5 times more likely to die from pregnancy complications than non-Hispanic white women. California came up with a strategy that halved the state’s maternal death rate. The Biden plan takes the California strategy nationwide.
  • Expanding access to reproductive health care, including contraception and protecting the constitutional right to choose. Biden supports repealing the Hyde Amendment. He will also restore funding for Planned Parenthood, which provides services necessary to address health disparities, including breast cancer screenings and HIV/AIDS counseling, screening, and treatment. The breast cancer death rate is over 40% higher for African Americans than white women, and in 2016, African American women comprised 60% of new HIV cases.
and i see nothing wrong them wanting it.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Goddamn it's not the job of Cube's plan to cover ALL of the ills of Black America. sheesh

He proposed some ideas like any of us are free to do. Instead of bashing him for what is NOT included how about make your own fukking plan!
(this is not for anyone in particular but to the critics in general. no plan will cover every fukking problem)
I agree wholeheartedly.

But, IF we do add anything specific for bm, which i kinda think we should bc yall are at so much more risk out here, the singular topic for bw and children would be infant/ maternal mortality. Both effect the overall state of the community. That's all. And I'm trynna be humble but ppl coming at me crazy. :hubie:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
:mjcry: I've been terrified/ hopeful to get pregnant. Im scared.
That was a scary moment, but it’s why we need more black men and women in healthcare. Those white and PoC doctors think black women can take more pain than other women, therefore they’ll not take yalls complaints as serious. They’re other issues as well.

Don’t be scared, though. You and your husband should definitely produce and bring forth offspring. We need soldiers. We need more youth. Just pay close attention to who you go to for healthcare during that time if and when y’all decide.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I agree wholeheartedly.

But, IF we do add anything specific for bm, which i kinda think we should bc yall are at so much more risk out here, the singular topic for bw and children would be infant/ maternal mortality. Both effect the overall state of the community. That's all. And I'm trynna be humble but ppl coming at me crazy. :hubie:

No doubt. We certainly need more ADOS folks in every level of the Medical and healthcare industry.

Maybe some Black Medical Professionals can write a Black Medical policy agenda based on the needs that they see and later incorporate that into whatever overall Black/ADOS political agenda is moving.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How about better Healthcare across both genders for black people?

I hope y'all remember history taught us white people pitted men against women, light vs dark skin, etc etc.. When in fact, we both have the same issues..

Black men get under diagnosed for issues too at these hospitals as well..