The Purge: The First Purge - (Trailer/July 4th)

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
Honestly I just like this series cause of all the black people in it. It’s the 2nd best movie after anarchy. Reminds me of the Tuskegee experiment in a different way. The church scene was hard to watch even tho it didn’t really show anything :hhh:
dimitri-shinobi-San went off :picard:

7/10 for me

Daps
i just saw Anarchy on tv last night

i still get chills when that cac couple breaks down on the bridge in the beginning. This would be some scary shyt to see knowing you stuck in a broken down vehicle
:whoa:

the-purge-anarchy-2.jpg

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
i just saw Anarchy on tv last night

i still get chills when that cac couple breaks down on the bridge in the beginning. This would be some scary shyt to see knowing you stuck in a broken down vehicle
:whoa:

the-purge-anarchy-2.jpg

maybe I'm tripping but this one seemed like it was shot so much better yet it had a lower budget.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
thats hispanic chick from "New York Undercover."

she was bad back in the day :noah:
12027790_768x1024.jpg

also, here's my review of the movie
  • hated that most of the movie revolved around the kid tryin to get revenge on Skeltar
  • where did I see the rogue fat drug dealer who got killed by Dimitri from? i think he was on BET's Tales
  • I REALLY hated that when people had the contacts on, they looked like aliens. That was super wack.
  • The KKK hoods was wild and the killing everyone in the church hit home and was brutal to think about especially it being cacs. I cant wait to hear :tariqflex:'s review of this movie.
  • I thought the main black dude's story was the origin behind Omar's character in the earlier Purge movies but Omar's character name was Carmelo and this one is Dimitri.
  • michael-k-williams-purge.jpg
  • just on a side bar, the main fat dude who was the leader of the "3 stooges" is brothers to....
  • brothers-1.jpg

• Overall, the movie was like a 6/10... the 3rd best one behind (2, 3, 4, & 1) in that order.
  • I'm still a sucker for the white dude who was rolling around in his Batmobile and saved all the civilians in the 2nd one

Fat boy looked like dude off the wire that was robbing so the Omar and got killed early in season 1

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
What's funny is that the racial implications were in these movies since day one, it's just become more blatant with each pic.

Which isn't how a PREQUEL should work lol. It can't be blatant in a prequel and then subtext later in the timeline.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Which isn't how a PREQUEL should work lol. It can't be blatant in a prequel and then subtext later in the timeline.
nah it worked perfectly, this one had to go right because they needed this one to do good To justify rolling it out to the rest of the country.

And nobody was purging besides the dope fiend, so they sent thrown troops to make it seem like a win.

Once it rolled out to the rest of the country they had a chance to take a step back and let it work on its on cause it’s eboufg racist fukkers to do it they self

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I thought that this was the best purge movie actually. Y’all wasn’t playing with the young-Wesley/Nino analogies. Ole boy from insecure did his thing. Him being Nino, Cutter(from passenger 57), and Jason Bourne rolled into 1 wasn’t realistic and I didn’t care for his girl’s holier than thou bullshyt but I really enjoyed the movie. Our current society isn’t too far off from what’s depicted in these purge movies. I hope people realize this.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Just came back from watching it

It was my first purge film as there was nothing left in the cinema to watched

I thought it was ok. Was VERY corny in places and very pro black in ways, which was poinient

Caught the Rodney King reference whilst Sweet America played, the Church killings and the 50 Cent reference (breh running on the treadmill)

Story was a bit meh, I think some characters shouldn’t have made it

But everyone laughed when Dimitri’s Guy was alive at the end, when he left him leaking on the floor after those drones came out shooting

What order should I watch the rest?

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So The purge is basically a lie that people wanted to release the beast, but people aren't really killers unless they have a personal grudge.

You mean people don’t want to hurt other innocent people that did nothing to them :dwillhuh:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
perfect casting, breh was moving in and out of the shadows like fukking batman :wow: snipes needs to gracefully bow his old ass out and let this breh take it from here. fukk it, go mcu with blade

Yea he definitely look like Wesley spit him out. If im Marvel, I’m calling dude agent right now.