The Purge: The First Purge - (Trailer/July 4th)

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Wow

Ummm

The main takeaway for me is that these MAGA Nazi KKK mfs are actually trying to think of a way to make this happen for real

The movie was a lil clunky and a lil Sharknado-looking but the images and overall theme just had me hooked

It reads as a warning. Or.. if we heed not the warning

I loved every minute. Even the after school special looking shyt. It was so 'meta' it was like a statement dressed in a movie costume for Holly-ween.

So I can see where an objective reviewer would give like 3 mics.

I'm gonna go 4/5. Fully embracing the fact that its getting about half a mic for just articulating the warning very soberly and comprehensively

Like when a certain char was betrayed. I think that says a lot about the parts of society who try to remain professional and still deal with the bad guys, only to get swallowed up by the machine and have their "good science" weaponized

&#○$+ √÷^^○$÷

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
movie was TERRIBLE!!! the story i guess is better than Election Year but EY was the better movie overall...the main chick was fine as fukk so i was able to watch just for her.

dude from Insecure was trying so hard to be Wesley Snipes...first he's fukkin Nino Brown with a dumb ass jacket on...then all of a sudden he's Blade destroying nikkas left & right :pachaha:

low key i hope he gets to play Blade after seeing this...i clown but he did a good job in that respect...just think this movie is wack.

edit: its kinda funny reading thru the thread after i posted and seeing that other people saw the Wesley parallels...me and my girl were like yo this nikka is Blade :dahell:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Watched this yesterday. Was definitely better than the third movie. I'd put it on part with the 2nd one.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
This is the first purge movie that I've actually liked. Turned out to be a satisfying action flick and I like the direction they took with it during the second half.

Breh from insecure was perfect for that part. I thought he did really well.

Last edited:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Finally seeing this and no fukking wonder white folks were triggered by this shyt. This shyt is perfect for this moment in America.

I would've loved to have seen this in a movie theater. Goddamn.

That being said I'd give it about a 7. It felt like it was missing a true third act and some stuff could've had more impact especially with the story they had in place. The ending could've been stronger and the scientist story could've been used more. Missed an opportunity to play on the way media could be manipulated/used to justify it, especially to end the movie.

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Wow

Ummm

The main takeaway for me is that these MAGA Nazi KKK mfs are actually trying to think of a way to make this happen for real

The movie was a lil clunky and a lil Sharknado-looking but the images and overall theme just had me hooked

It reads as a warning. Or.. if we heed not the warning

I loved every minute. Even the after school special looking shyt. It was so 'meta' it was like a statement dressed in a movie costume for Holly-ween.

So I can see where an objective reviewer would give like 3 mics.

I'm gonna go 4/5. Fully embracing the fact that its getting about half a mic for just articulating the warning very soberly and comprehensively

Like when a certain char was betrayed. I think that says a lot about the parts of society who try to remain professional and still deal with the bad guys, only to get swallowed up by the machine and have their "good science" weaponized

&#○$+ √÷^^○$÷

Late pass, but 100% agree with this. There was some cliche' type stuff in it, but it was kept to a minimum, and the underlying commentary combined with the action made it very good. Daniel from Insecure really showed out in this.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
It was straight. Im always gonna see brehs as Daniel from insecure. So it was hilarious to see him get his John wick on