The Purge: The First Purge - (Trailer/July 4th)

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Y'lan Noel took on all those mercs in the PJ's by himself :wow: nikkas thought he was just a drug kingpin...naw that nikka a super hero too

Those 2 hoes trying to kill him -- he too smart to not know that was a set up..... I woulda been like tonight, all you hoes coming in butt naked with no hair hats :ufdup:

They basically figured out those mercs were called in to kill everybody --- so I wonder why they didn't start a national movement to end the annual Purge before it even started :francis: like everyone saw these white supremacists in their hood, take pics with ya phone, post them on social media and show them what the real plan is. I think they coulda figured that plot hole out a little better.

Y'lan needs to team up with the white cat in Anarchy and make the GOAT Purge film :ohlawd:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I would say it was better than the last one, but the whole series seems to have never recovered from the high they hit in Purge 2, in 2014. While, yes, that movie was over the top in some parts, with some shaky acting, and plot developments, it created a real world and feel of the humanity behind the Purge itself, and actually worked as a horror movie, with tension and suspense, in addition to the imagery and world creating.

This one delved so far into beyond tired cliches, it was hard to stay invested in the movie, though I liked all the social commentary, and nods to our current political situations, the line about Russians I thought was clever and subtle enough. I know Daniel from Insecure can act, and he was more than solid here, I appreciate his performance, but the writers saddled him with terrible lines, and had him working from the B movie drug dealer handbook 10 minutes into the movie, and morphing into a The Massacre 50 Cent album cover action hero in the end.

-His weapon room resembled an adolescents fantasy after watching Blade or Mission Impossible

-Having Navy SEAL hand to hand combat skills

-The two women (sent to kill him) fighting like they had SEAL training too

The key to great horror is GROUNDING the terrifying into reality, not action fest absurdities.

Also, at times characters were so stock, and Delores esp. was spitting out embarrassing lines, (multiple bathroom jokes from her, why???) it stood out in contrast to the sharp social and racial commentary, which was the truly scary parts of the movie. If you sanded off about 30% of the cheese, cliches, and bad writing, you would have a great movie. As it is, it is a C at best.

Last edited:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I'm hearing about the next movie being about the "real" first purge and how it happens nationwide.

But isn't that what the Purge TV series is about?

I kinda think the next movie should be the last one and titled "The Last Purge"......showing how people end the annual Purge for good. That shyt would be dope, taking on the government and rich cacs :ohlawd:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
just finished watchin this....it was pretty damn good...can't front...:ehh:

the subtle shots taken at Trump....the dope close quarter combat scenes...

i'm not a fan of any of the purges but this one was the better of the 3 imo......dude from Insecure that plays Demitri looks like a good candidate to play a Black Bruce Willis in the Die Hard reboot...:sas2: