The PS Vita Thread

Xbox One X

the kufi smacker
Daps
Reppin
Colifarnia
honestly you cant be too mad at sony. they tried.
uncharted,resistance,killzone,unit 13,littpebigplanet,tearaway etc. they fed the vita fairly well and its just a dead market. they could fund five more aaa games for vita and it wont make a diference.

sucks too, because like @Liquid said vita is my favorite place to game right now. maybe im just going through a phse but the whole aaa scene on consoles is just so fukking blah to me these days. too many games are just padded fetch quests with no creativity. when i seea games open world it makes me lose interest cuz i know 75% of the play time is just padding.

maybe hell thats whyive tossed the entire jrpg genre in the bushes. if a game takes five hours to even become interesting you can keep it. terrible combat and silly convoluted stories are not the business.
Jaydc spittin dat real brehs! #Dubcc gang :wow:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
are we going to be able to play our vita library on PS now or on the playstation tv without paying extra?

if so i might just trade it in and get that wii u

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Padded fetch quests. :wow:

he's right, you know.

Maybe we're just running out of ideas.
I don't think it's a lack of ideas. It's just budgets for games is ridiculously high. Theirs no room for error so creativity is thrown in the bushes. Theirs probably tons of devs out there getting ideas shot down left and right because nobody is going to fund a risk because one flop literally can shut down a studio.

The gaming market is at a point where it's 100% summer blockbuster movies. No variety. Pretty sad when something like Destiny is considered a risk if only because it's not a sequel to a franchise, even though it looks like everything else.

Except of course, indies. Not saying indies are perfect but at least you see risk, and creativity in display.

So as long as vita keeps getting fed with indies, i'll keep playing it eurryday.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
As long as it gets some good JRPGs, I'll still be on it. Square Enix just needs to get up off their ass, there's a lot of money in this. Bravely Default did well.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
honestly you cant be too mad at sony. they tried.
uncharted,resistance,killzone,unit 13,littpebigplanet,tearaway etc. they fed the vita fairly well and its just a dead market. they could fund five more aaa games for vita and it wont make a diference.

sucks too, because like @Liquid said vita is my favorite place to game right now. maybe im just going through a phse but the whole aaa scene on consoles is just so fukking blah to me these days. too many games are just padded fetch quests with no creativity. when i seea games open world it makes me lose interest cuz i know 75% of the play time is just padding.

maybe hell thats whyive tossed the entire jrpg genre in the bushes. if a game takes five hours to even become interesting you can keep it. terrible combat and silly convoluted stories are not the business.
I mean I am straight because as long as I can get my sports fix and a couple of other solid games coming out every few months I am good.

All I need on the vita is:
An EA Boxing or MMA game...this will probably never happen
A Hockey Game...I am holding out hope, but probably not happening
An NBA 2K or hell I'll even take NBA LIVE at this point

Everything else? It has a pretty solid library contrary to what people are led to believe. All of the games below are at least worth a try if you are interested in its genre...plus it has the PSP and PSone library to load up on as well. What more do people want?

Borderlands 2
P4G
Sly Cooper
GOW 1 AND 2 HD
Killzone: Mercenary
Hotline Miami
FIFA
Soul Sacrifice
MLB The Show
LIMBO
Sine Mora
Rainbow Moon (Which I am trying next)
Runner2
Dokuro
Mutant Blobs Attack
Arkham Origins Blackgate
Rayman Origins
Rayman Legends
Final Fantasy X/X-2
MK 9
LittleBigPlanet
Spelunky
Sound Shapes
DOA 5 Plus
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

I wish Sony would offer some sort of incentive to developers to port all that PS3 piff to the Vita natively, but that will cut into their PSNow money...not happening