The PS Vita Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
My Vita grips came in. Feels much better to hold now.

So if I'm not an RPG head, I won't enjoy Person 4 Golden? I haven't played any of the past iterations and the last traditional RPG games I've played were Pokemon and a little bit of The Vagrant Story :deadrose:
If you like interesting storys then you should be able to put up with the rpg elements. Just put it on easy.

It helps that the game is one of the better turn based rpgs in terms of the fighting system

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some ridiculous looking king thing
Contrarian King drains fire, blocks wind attacks and resists physical attacks. It can use Hysterical Slap, Marakunda, and the devastating Rampage whose power is enough to take out the player's party in a single cast.

Use electricicty and ice attacks to bypass its resistances, the player should have Tarunda and Sukunda for this fight as well as a persona that resists Physical attacks if possible. Have Yosuke cast Sukukaja on the party members and use the protagonist to cast Tarunda and Sukunda to weaken him. This will decrease the chance of him hitting the party with Rampage. If the player is successful then Rampage should only hit about 50% at a time. Bring plenty of revival beads because the player will most probably need to revive those that weren't so lucky, and make sure that the protagonist is equipped with the resist physical persona to ensure his survival.

If the Contrarian King is still too difficult, come back when the player has a persona that is immune to Physical attacks, and he should fall easily because he doesn't use elemental attacks.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
If you like interesting storys then you should be able to put up with the rpg elements. Just put it on easy.

It helps that the game is one of the better turn based rpgs in terms of the fighting system

If the gameplay is annoying the story has to be strong. If that's the case with P4G than I think I can enjoy it. :patrice:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yeah this guy. Even with my entire party buffed to the max he still damn near wipes my party out in one turn.

And even when I manage to survive he does the move again to make sure I'm dead.

Spent 3 hours grinding and still got mopped as soon as he decides to do his cheap as move

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah this guy. Even with my entire party buffed to the max he still damn near wipes my party out in one turn.

And even when I manage to survive he does the move again to make sure I'm dead.

Spent 3 hours grinding and still got mopped as soon as he decides to do his cheap as move
Trust me you must not be doing defensive moves or something because I did not have a problem with that guy on my first go. If you're having trouble with him, you have seen nothing yet. I've died at bosses I fought for 40 minutes and lost when the boss's HP was just a tiny dot.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Trust me you must not be doing defensive moves or something because I did not have a problem with that guy on my first go. If you're having trouble with him, you have seen nothing yet. I've died at bosses I fought for 40 minutes and lost when the boss's HP was just a tiny dot.

:wtf:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
If the gameplay is annoying the story has to be strong. If that's the case with P4G than I think I can enjoy it. :patrice:
The story is definitely interesting and really has you wondering what's next and I hear that it gets a lot deeper and more thought provoking. I like the rpg gameplay, not much the Japanese school boy themes but I can overlook that because the game is strong in other areas.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That's the thing, the boss is easy other than that one move, I have diamond shield up and everything and the best I can do is at least have 2 of my guys still alive but he will repeat the move the next round before I can recover.

shyt I'm reading online says he's glitched and isn't supposed to use that move so much, And either I can try to get lucky and hope he doesn't ever use the move or come back when I'm like super strong (which I find pointless).

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I know breh, I hate that aspect of the game, just put it on easy.

This isn't like other games where u can beat it on normal or hard mode with nothing but your god given gaming skills.
The difficulty just seems to determine how much grinding you gotta do to beat the dungeons, I understand that grinding isn't fun for most that aren't into running back and fourth in the same area for hours.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I know breh, I hate that aspect of the game, just put it on easy.

This isn't like other games where u can beat it on normal or hard mode with nothing but your god given gaming skills.
The difficulty just seems to determine how much grinding you gotta do to beat the dungeons, I understand that grinding isn't fun for most that aren't into running back and fourth in the same area for hours.
You had it on easy & he still did that?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My Vita grips came in. Feels much better to hold now.

So if I'm not an RPG head, I won't enjoy Person 4 Golden? I haven't played any of the past iterations and the last traditional RPG games I've played were Pokemon and a little bit of The Vagrant Story :deadrose:
I'm not all that into JRPGs but Persona 4 (and the main title Shin Megami Tensei 4) were easily in my top 5 games I've played last year.