The PS Vita Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:damn: I'm posting from the vita. The screen is fukking glorious!

Bout to start dling some games now :banderas:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Really tempted to make that Ys game my next Vita purchase. Rayman Legends should keep me occupied till then

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dog lemme tell you man, I got my Vita before P4G dropped, and I wasn't a huge RPG head on PS2 like that so shyt wasn't on my radar at all like that. I was strictly a "Squaresoft got a new game out? INSTACOP" dude, so I didn't even know what the fukk an Atlus was.

Copped the Vita and was looking at what games would be dropping and kept hearing hype on Persona 4 Golden, and decided to check out Persona 3 Portable(the PSP remake of P3) and man...I instantly fell in love with that shyt. I sunk wayyy too many hours into it between that July to when P4G dropped. Copped Day 1 and it was a wrizzap. There are very few games that make me wanna NG+ right the fukk away after credits roll...man I powered thru that shyt like twice, didn't touch any other game on my Vita during that time man :banderas:

And even after all the greatness of P4G...I still like P3P more. I just wish I could get a full on 100% free roam remake like P4 instead of the point and click feature during the daytime. However, the story, characters, the social links, the dark ass atmosphere...that major swerve...everything in P3P just felt better to me than P4G, but both are great games yo. P3 and P4 kinda killed off my desire to play RPG's for a little bit though cause my expectations had been raised too high.
I got p3p on my vita and played it for about 6 hours and I found out about persona 3 fes which featured full 3d gfx that made me drop the portable version. I got 10 hours into it on ps3 but then got stuck on a boss. It's the one where you went into tartarus through the gym to rescue that fuki girl.

I got the game up on my pc in full hd looking super sharp but i never got back into it.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I got p3p on my vita and played it for about 6 hours and I found out about persona 3 fes which featured full 3d gfx that made me drop the portable version. I got 10 hours into it on ps3 but then got stuck on a boss. It's the one where you went into tartarus through the gym to rescue that fuki girl.

I got the game up on my pc in full hd looking super sharp but i never got back into it.

Last I played P3FES on the triple, I had just beaten the boss you're talking about. Haven't gotten back to the game in ages though unfortunately. Too many damn games. Gamers these days just don't know how good we got it.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Confession. I got my Vita on Thursday.

I kinda just hit the 40 hour mark on Persona 4 Golden. Now, I'd be jumping the gun if I said it's my favorite RPG of all time, cause FFX and Earthbound are hard to beat, but...

I love this shyt so fukking much brehs. This game, to me, is absolutely fukking perfect. I just got Sly Cooper off the sale as well as Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky cause I need more JRPG shyt n I heard it was piff.

P4G is just some other shyt mane. I'm forcing myself now to take a few days off from it. And I dunno what to do with myself lmao
heads up trails in the sky starts slow but the pay off is crazy. the scale is nuts and the story gets really really good

kinda left hanging until they localize the other chapters tho

finally getting around to the tearaway demo. definite cop in the future. i love the level design, its on that mario level

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

Yeah, FES got full graphics and all but I couldn't fukk with the fact I couldn't control my party with the Direct Command tactic. Junpei kept being a fukkboy and dying off simple shyt when I started up the epilogue. Plus the point and click just helped me out during the daytime, not having to do all the extra running around and being able to breeze through my social links. And playing RPGs on my Vita is so convenient, don't need to fukk around and find a save point or pause the game for 10 hours and come back later since I couldn't do the former. Might retry it tho cause these are games you gotta experience in full 3d :blessed:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, FES got full graphics and all but I couldn't fukk with the fact I couldn't control my party with the Direct Command tactic. Junpei kept being a fukkboy and dying off simple shyt when I started up the epilogue. Plus the point and click just helped me out during the daytime, not having to do all the extra running around and being able to breeze through my social links. And playing RPGs on my Vita is so convenient, don't need to fukk around and find a save point or pause the game for 10 hours and come back later since I couldn't do the former. Might retry it tho cause these are games you gotta experience in full 3d :blessed:
Yup that was my exact dilemma, play it with gimped cinematics but control party or play with full 3d graphics but have gimped control.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So you can't drag and drop media files on the Vita like you could with the PSP? :to:

Guess they had to do it that way since the PSP was WAY too easy to hack.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Breh did you play 999 9 doors 9 persons 9 hours?? If you didn't, STOP playing the vita one right now and play that one. That game's story is absolutely sublime. I played it after playing a few hours of ZE:VLR due to a lot of recommendations on it being an almost essential part of the whole story. So far though I like 999 more than ZE:VLR. If you don't have a DS/3DS then download the DS emulator for android or IOS and download the rom and play it. That game had a story that was just :wow:.

I dl'd ZE:VLR back during i don't remember I think summer of last year or late last year but I remember not finishing the first room and I put it off for months. Got back into it and played it and got my first ending in which one of them got 9 BP and left. I then went online and almost everyone on Gaf told me to get 999 and man I'm glad I did. They say it's a big twist that's much more satisfying if you play 999 first.

DOG :salute: ON THE RECOMMENDATION OF 999 FIRST.

This shyt wild as fukk yo.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
where you at in it??

I'm still only on my first play through(scooped it last night), finishing up the 2nd room(Went through Door 4 and Door 7) and reuniting with the full group again. The All-Ice story was briefly covered in my short play through in VLR by...well...yeah, and then having it talked about again and the images they're showing in 999...:wow:

I'm connecting a few dots between the games already :banderas: I'm big on stories in games, and continuity and connections between them so all the shyt I'm connecting fukkin with me, luckily I didn't come across any major spoilers before I stopped VLR.