The Price Of Fame: "Straight" black men and homosexuality in the entertainment industry

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Actors only or young_new producers, directors, writers, directors of photography, music producers, too?

Is the key grip getting gripped :dame:?

What's the threshold for Fruitopian Shiit in Hollywood.

He didn't say a specific person or field, but he did say some of the people you wouldn't even think of. Well-known entertainers. I understand why he didn't wouldn't go into specifics because he's still tryna protect his career. What's crazy is that he said you can make it without doing any of that stuff, but it's like if you do then you may reach that level sooner or have certain doors open for you. The higher ups do this because they can and they prey on people's need to succeed and be famous. Not everybody goes through with it, but they'll take whoever bites. The casting couch is real.

He also said the quickest way to be blackballed nowadays is to say something negative about gay people or activities. The entertainment industry is smaller than what people think and you bound to run into somebody who is connected to it somehow. If they have enough influence then they can make it difficult for someone to get work.

I'm tryna recall the whole convo from almost 10 years ago so I'm sure there's some stuff I forgot. All in all, his point was if you tryna make it into the industry understand what you're getting into. Stand on your principles because people actually don't have to do it, but get taken advantage of because they wanna be famous so bad and this is the easiest way to get ahead. Explains why some people don't have a lick of talent, but get plastered everywhere. They got that spot for a reason. It's not what you know, its who you know.

That's the gist of it. Looking back I'm surprised he even put his career on the line by telling us this stuff, but it was eye opening.

I wanna say Gipp alluded to this in an interview before. He was looking to break into acting and had a role lined up, but had to go to someone's house to "audition" and the role happened to be for a gay character. He said he didn't know beforehand, but respectfully declined when it was time. The director went :yeshrug: and respected his decision not go through with it, but idk if he's been in anything since. Ima find the interview.

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
I'm telling you its a sport to this big wig rich mfs. Turning certain mfs out gets you more respect and raises your status in their world.

I think it's in the same realm as a nikka knocking down a prime Halle Berry or Beyonce. Mfs are gonna brag and make sure everyone knows. Lol

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
He didn't say a specific person or field, but he did say some of the people you wouldn't even think of. Well-known entertainers. I understand why he didn't wouldn't go into specifics because he's still tryna protect his career. What's crazy is that he said you can make it without doing any of that stuff, but it's like if you do then you may reach that level sooner or have certain doors open for you. The higher ups do this because they can and they prey on people's need to succeed and be famous. Not everybody goes through with it, but they'll take whoever bites. The casting couch is real.

He also said the quickest way to be blackballed nowadays is to say something negative about gay people or activities. The entertainment industry is smaller than what people think and you bound to run into somebody who is connected to it somehow. If they have enough influence then they can make it difficult for someone to get work.

I'm tryna recall the whole convo from almost 10 years ago so I'm sure there's some stuff I forgot. All in all, his point was if you tryna make it into the industry understand what you're getting into. Stand on your principles because people actually don't have to do it, but get taken advantage of because they wanna be famous so bad and this is the easiest way to get ahead. Explains why some people don't have a lick of talent, but get plastered everywhere. They got that spot for a reason. It's not what you know, its who you know.

That's the gist of it. Looking back I'm surprised he even put his career on the line by telling us this stuff, but it was eye opening.

I wanna say Gipp alluded to this in an interview before. He was looking to break into acting and had a role lined up, but had to go to someone's house to "audition" and the role happened to be for a gay character. He said he didn't know beforehand, but respectfully declined when it was time. The director went :yeshrug: and respected his decision not go through with it, but idk if he's been in anything since. Ima find the interview.
Dap+Reputation
:francis:

It makes perfect sense and its easy. shyt happens every damn day. It doesn't matter if its a top guy :dame: giving a girl a step up for some p*ssy or another nikka for some ass.:manny:
:dame::dame::dame::dame::dame::dame:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
He use to sleep in bed with a young Usher Raymond.:dame:

Wrestle for Cheerios......

logo_lgbttaskforce-.png

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Lol I'm not ever letting y'all get away with this shyt

You guys love to pick and choose

princelovesexy_caro_original_56611.jpg

24d885cc8818765d21cfc402f0eaa03e.jpg

rtrfzgo.jpg

And I don't wanna hear that "but he smashed a lot of women!!"

Well, so did Diddy. Where's his pass?
His music dope. Who cares if he's gay af and secretly died of AIDS. Teddy Pendegrass and Luther were too.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Nobody is forcing anybody to do gay shyt to be famous. This is just some shyt lames like to push to feel beter about their life. I know some older truckers that have made millions. They doing gay shyt too?

Now I have no doubt a ton of heterosexual favors get exchanged in that industry amongst others. For some reason you never hear that discussed. Always gay shyt. :stopitslime: