The Phantom Pain Is Boring.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Nah, ive put ~50 hours in and the gameplay is great.

Game is really immersive. Kojima kinda flipped the script, usually, he uses the narrative/ story to determine what game play aspects each mission/episode/game will use.

Now tho, that's out the window. While it doesn't have the movie sharp focus that past metal gears have had, its still, by all intents and purposes, a metal gear game(crazy cut scenes and all).

I would even argue that there is the same amount of story (on average) as past metal gear game, but there is just MUCH more that you can do now. Side missions, Combat deployment, base building, staff management, animal conservation and non of them really lend to the story, but rather to the game itself.

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
I never thought I would see the day when people would complain about too much optional gameplay. You seriously would rather sit through a 20 minute cut scene about Sunny making eggs and codec calls from your whiny girlfried than getting it in any way you choose with Venom Snake?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
it really isn't once the hype wears off :francis:

yall dudes are still so swept up in the hype and glowing reviews and 'kojima's swan song' BS that you can't see the game for what it is
f927b3bc0054.gif

ned-beheading.png

Screw it. Let the negs commence!

ljT1H10.gif

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nah. I don't see how any gamer that likes action games could not like this game or consider it boring. shyt is just too meaty of a game for that. I mean, maybe the stealth elements may not be everyone's cup of tea, but even that's not obsessively necessary this time around.

My sole "complaint", if I would even call it that, is that considering it's an open world game, even tho it's in a military environment, you'd think there'd be some casual NPCs roaming around a bit, with possibly even some optional side quests from them in some vein, but I'm still only in Afghanistan, so I can't wholly speak on that front just yet, but if Afghan is anything to go on, it'll just be soliders and war related people and the occasional animals. Also, considering the nature of the game, I wouldn't have minded the Snake Eater, eating live animal portion of the game. I'm surprised there's not even any rations in the game.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's a different type of game, less instantly gratifying than COD. I was playing yesterday and spent an hour murking everyone on a base that wasn't even apart my mission.

OP is a booger, troll thread.
Same. Just controlling the game is a dream. The shooting mechanics are solid as fukk. Lying down prone and being able to turn a full 360 while aiming is so smooth.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nah. I don't see how any gamer that likes action games could not like this game or consider it boring. shyt is just too meaty of a game for that. I mean, maybe the stealth elements may not be everyone's cup of tea, but even that's not obsessively necessary this time around.

My sole "complaint", if I would even call it that, is that considering it's an open world game, even tho it's in a military environment, you'd think there'd be some casual NPCs roaming around a bit, with possibly even some optional side quests from them in some vein, but I'm still only in Afghanistan, so I can't wholly speak on that front just yet, but if Afghan is anything to go on, it'll just be soliders and war related people and the occasional animals. Also, considering the nature of the game, I wouldn't have minded the Snake Eater, eating live animal portion of the game. I'm surprised there's not even any rations in the game.

Casual NPCs... :ohhh: Now I'm thinking maybe Kojima should've put that in the game. Difficulty would be on some other shyt. Trying to kill targets with no collateral. :damn:

Or when you call airstrikes and your heroism goes down because you killed a whole lot of civilians.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I low-key agree, cuz the side ops are repetitive as fukk

But, the main story missions are great.

I got all caught up in the side ops and got bored. I stopped that shyt, and it's back to being a great game

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Casual NPCs... :ohhh: Now I'm thinking maybe Kojima should of put that in the game. Difficulty would be on some other shyt. Trying to kill targets with no collateral. :damn:

Or when you call airstrikes and your heroism goes down because you killed a whole lot of civilians.

Yeah, it didn't even dawn on me till like last night about that and how that would've added yet another element/s to the game and also just surprised Kojima didn't do it, considering this is an open-world game afterall. Same thing with the food/eating factor, as this game's setting and style lends itself to that way more than the previous games, whereas there was essentially just a sole primary mission that took course over a matter of a day or a few days at best. This game has a day-to-night transitions and dynamic weather at play too, and multiple missions, over the course of at least weeks of theoretical in-game time transpiring that is all playable. Considering how nuanced Kojima is with his, I could see him having the weather even affecting the food sources, like a flash flood tainting food goods and/or disrupting the environment's flora & fauna, making acquiring food more difficult as well. Might've took this into notion, but considered it'd be too much for a gamer to handle all that addition task management in-real time when you already got base management to concern yourself with as well.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I swear yall nikkas are such dikkriders man :russ: same type of dudes when MGS4 came out were proclaiming "10/10 masterpiece" :wow: "greatest game ever" :whew:

...then 6 months later it was "MGS4 was trash" :francis:

I can't take bandwagon ass nikkas seriously. should've made this thread 6 months from now :laugh:
Which mission are you on friend?