The Phantom Pain Is Boring.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:snoop: I’m a big fan of the MGS series. And this game is a perfect example. Of not every game, has to be an open world. This game is the peak, of MGS’s gameplay. And no stealth game, has touched it yet. But the characters, open world, and story was trash. Once I gotten to Africa, I was bored with this game.

Once they got rid of the OG Snake voice actor in favor of Kiefer Sutherland, I knew the shyt was going to be a dumpster fire. Then they steamrolled Kojima out of the shyt after all he did for Konami.

This game is the testament of how suits don't know what the fukk they are doing. I mean, who in their right mind would want to play a open world MGS game:francis:? The sound of it alone is like melatonin.

Then they had the gall to take the elements of the PSP games (creating a army or soldiers), just for it to fall flat on its face because the PSP games actually had a theme, while this game was just a bloated empty fukking mess of affairs.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Once they got rid of the OG Snake voice actor in favor of Kiefer Sutherland, I knew the shyt was going to be a dumpster fire. Then they steamrolled Kojima out of the shyt after all he did for Konami.

This game is the testament of how suits don't know what the fukk they are doing. I mean, who in their right mind would want to play a open world MGS game:francis:? The sound of it alone is like melatonin.

Then they had the gall to take the elements of the PSP games (creating a army or soldiers), just for it to fall flat on its face because the PSP games actually had a theme, while this game was just a bloated empty fukking mess of affairs.
I actually think both Kojima, and Konami was in the wrong. Kojima was wasting the game’s budget. On Hollywood actors, licensed music, and making PT behind Konami’s back. They had no problem with the Fox Engine. But spending the game’s budget. On that other shyt was stupid. And Kojima been wanted to get David Hayter out the series. Kojima alway wanted a big Hollywood actor, to play snake. David had to constantly audition, for the role as snake.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Best in the series. Best gameplay. Light on the clownjima corniness. Breadth of engagement options. I can only hope the new splinter cell can recover from what’s going on at goobersoft and come back to give this a run for its money

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Game was ass I never made it past the first mission

shyt was mad confusing, open world is the antithesis to a game like MGS

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
one of the best game engines I ever played :hubie:the stealth was amazing

The open world stuff was cool for messing around and experimenting with gear, they just dropped the ball with that patchwork ass second half of the story. More “mission-missions” and narrative cohesion would made this game GOAT tier. It’s a shame that Kojima and Konami had their issues and couldn’t release the game at its full potential