The Phantom Pain Is Boring.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I feel him to a point, I just wouldn't call it boring because when I'm not bored riding my horse through the scenery I'm feeling :banderas: during any fire fights or crazy missions.

It's fun and great in spurts but meh in others. I think it's like the person said above its the gift and the curse of open world games:francis:

The story is the shyt though anytime I do the main missions it's crazy seeing and interacting with the characters you know turn shytty:russ:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Many open world games are after a while. It's a symptom of the nature of so much freedom in a game. Doesn't keep you as focused.

All open world games aren't created equal

This game isn't just a map filled with pointless collectibles so you can "have something to do"

Everything on the map serves a purpose.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I got a question, for all the dummies crying about there not being enough cutscenes. Have you listened to all the audio tapes? Because I'm willing to bet the same people who are complaining about the lack of 20 minute cut scenes haven't even bothered with the 2 - 5 minute tapes that give you a TON of story information which you can listen to as you travel from location to location.
If you don't like the side missions...don't do them. They're SIDE MISSIONS. If all you want is main missions and cut scenes then stick to the main missions.
Gamers have no freaking clue what they want these days.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got a question, for all the dummies crying about there not being enough cutscenes. Have you listened to all the audio tapes? Because I'm willing to bet the same people who are complaining about the lack of 20 minute cut scenes haven't even bothered with the 2 - 5 minute tapes that give you a TON of story information which you can listen to as you travel from location to location.
If you don't like the side missions...don't do them. They're SIDE MISSIONS. If all you want is main missions and cut scenes then stick to the main missions.
Gamers have no freaking clue what they want these days.
Mgsv has a lot of cut scenes it's just a lot of them are spaced out in between long game play which is sublime.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All open world games aren't created equal

This game isn't just a map filled with pointless collectibles so you can "have something to do"

Everything on the map serves a purpose.
Exactly everything in here isn't dumb collectibles like pigeons in GTA iv or shards in your typical open world title.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So this game got rid of the long drawn out cutscenes, i might have to look into it now
It's pure gameplay... the most gameplay of any MGS game. Easily the longest action adventure game that I've ever played in my life.

And the complaints about moving around the massive maps you are presented with is a weak excuse seeing that you can fast travel to where ever and just start whatever mission you're trying to do.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I felt the same at first when you start mission. The game wasn't resonating with all the videos I saw but once I played a little bit more and got some more platforms its like the clouds cleared and this beast of a game was before me. The amont of fukkery to be had alone is worthy of full price and I hate buying games, Im used to modded systems but whatever. Anyway I respect your opinion because that's how I feel about The Witcher 3:yeshrug:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
it really isn't once the hype wears off :francis:

yall dudes are still so swept up in the hype and glowing reviews and 'kojima's swan song' BS that you can't see the game for what it is

1439684164026.gif

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I swear yall nikkas are such dikkriders man :russ: same type of dudes when MGS4 came out were proclaiming "10/10 masterpiece" :wow: "greatest game ever" :whew:

...then 6 months later it was "MGS4 was trash" :francis:

I can't take bandwagon ass nikkas seriously. should've made this thread 6 months from now :laugh:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I won't neg bomb you because I haven't started it yet.

I'm still cautiously optimistic after how yeah MGS4 was IMO.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
it's almost impossible to do the same mission the same way. there's too many variables. i beat one mission and got a S rank, i came back and tried the mission with better gear and suddenly the guards had cameras and mines set up everywhere to keep me from sneaking around and killing every body from tall grass.