The percentage of physicians who are Black men was the same in 2018 as it was in 1940.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
My mom’s home girl is a plastic surgeon. First time in med school back in the late 80’s her professor apparently told her she took a seat from a more deserving person, hint hint a white boy. Black people gotta deal with hella fukk shyt in higher learning. Ol you got in cause affirmative action motha fukers. Don’t blame black folk from avoiding that shyt.

Did your mom's home girl tell you about the time she fukked her professor to get an A in Biology :lupe:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
@Still Benefited this is the reason why nikkas aren't in medicine, not because they're fighting the system.

No, we're interested in not controlling anything. A people that are organized get their people into fields, point blank. So many excuses and all we do at the end of the day is hope those reparations will come from white daddy's pockets.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
No, we're interested in not controlling anything. A people that are organized get their people into fields, point blank. So many excuses and all we do at the end of the day is hope those reparations will come from white daddy's pockets.
I have no clue what you're talking about, but I'm glad you were able to get that out your system breh. Seems like it was weighing on you

hr3SEkE.gif

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This isnt accounting for natural healers.

Black men are more likely to have a disdain and distrust for the medical industry I would add. Although Im not defending against anything. Its our right to not want to work for the Europeanized medical gustapo.

@bdizzle i basically said the same thing. My post laid the foundation,others added extra layers. Just glad I could contribute:respect:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

What control would we have in the medical field? You would be bound to practice European medicine,and honor certain practices by law.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And it's that same distrust that has our men dying earlier than other peer groups. If there's not a woman in the house it is highly unlikely black men as they age visit the doctor for check ups.

We need to stop being backwards.

You could easily say we need to start working out. And stop allowing the Europeans to feed us and treat our water. Stop sitting at office desk all day and get some sun. Stop stressing ourselves out for money and go live in nature.

Or you can say that we need the European to give us more pills they can profit from. To fix all the problems we have that they greatly contribute to. With the medicine and treatments they give to plants and animals we eat.

Depends how you look at it:francis:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
What control would we have in the medical field? You would be bound to practice European medicine,and honor certain practices by law.

Do you understand the effects of racial concordance? People who see medical professionals that look like themselves rate the experience better. They get more details surrounding concerns and things they need to check. They even get diet recommendations.

With a 5% attachment rate, black people not becoming doctors does no favors in saving lives.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
You could easily say we need to start working out. And stop allowing the Europeans to feed us and treat our water. Stop sitting at office desk all day and get some sun. Stop stressing ourselves out for money and go live in nature.

Or you can say that we need the European to give us more pills they can profit from. To fix all the problems we have that they greatly contribute to. With the medicine and treatments they give to plants and animals we eat.

Depends how you look at it:francis:

Or you could say, we need to organize ourselves to the point that our values and goals are in alignment. Your values are where your dollars are spent. If black said they were no longer going to eat pork or chicken wings, what effect would that have on farmers?

And if black people said, we are going have our kids go to school from 9-3 and then have cram schools afterwards so they can improve their reading and math rates, what would that do?

All I'm seeing is that we don't want to train ourselves into what we need to become. We'd prefer excuses.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

She is lowkey trying to ish on brehs.

Cue the girl shytting on the nuclear physicist for being corny video

Also que the athlete/rapper, IT worker or forklift driver aspirations thread :francis:

She has a point and education is not a top priority. No amount of juelzing can explain that away.
Look at this stupidity.

:snoop:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You're not going to want a second job in residency lol

I watched my sister go through med school and residency and they were working her 60-80 hours a week. Residency does pay you though. Something like $60-70k
Breh this website.

Dudes went straight to it's a scam. All the information is out here. Black doctors are needed. Black patients get mistreated by others period. What is there even to discuss?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you understand the effects of racial concordance? People who see medical professionals that look like themselves rate the experience better. They get more details surrounding concerns and things they need to check. They even get diet recommendations.

With a 5% attachment rate, black people not becoming doctors does no favors in saving lives.

And what blueprint will these black doctors look to on how to treat black people. And what diets to reccomend? They will be looking at studies primarily focused around the European and how to treat white people. A fallacy unless you believe we are exactly the same:francis:

If I go to Grady I dont imagine a doctor reccomending I try the Dr Sebi diet. So they have no control or say on how to treat black people. I guess its nice they feel more comfortable. But in the information age you could be proactive and learn about your body,learn about pituatory glands,heart health. Experiment with diets before your body goes to complete shyt:francis:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
And what blueprint will these black doctors look to on how to treat black people. And what diets to reccomend? They will be looking at studies primarily focused around the European and how to treat white people. A fallacy unless you believe we are exactly the same:francis:

If I go to Grady I dont imagine a doctor reccomending I try the Dr Sebi diet. So they have no control or say on how to treat black people. I guess its nice they feel more comfortable. But in the information age you could be proactive and learn about your body,learn about pituatory glands,heart health. Experiment with diets before your body goes to complete shyt:francis:

This isn't projection, it actually happens when we do see black doctors.

To go further, there are studies from the 80s and early 2000s that echo these sentiments.

Besides, Dr. Sebi being the number diet for a black person is so false. His info wasn't even wholly correct with regards to pH levels and the like.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
The government has to invest more into education across the board, too many of y’all trying to make this exclusively black people issue, people would care more about school if American society cared about school

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
How many Black parents push their sons to be physicians?

How many Black parents have the resources it takes to get their kid to be a physician?

These high skilled jobs require a lot of resources and networking. It is much easier if your parents were professional in that field.
Many of our kids will be the second or first generation in their family going to college. That's a very difficult jump to go from a poor/working class family to preparing for graduate school and a professional career. Then consider you have to compete against kids who are second, third or fourth generation in that field.