The percentage of physicians who are Black men was the same in 2018 as it was in 1940.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
You're not going to want a second job in residency lol

I watched my sister go through med school and residency and they were working her 60-80 hours a week. Residency does pay you though. Something like $60-70k
Well that ain’t shyt at all. How long is residency?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
how many brehs recieve full rides to medical school ?

debt is a deterrent.. I'm really asking, don't shoot

:whoa:

One of my wife's friends from college became a doctor. That nikka debt after finally getting out of Meharry was over 300 racks ten plus year ago. :francis:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Well that ain’t shyt at all. How long is residency?

I think it's 4 years? Sometimes there's something after residency that's like a residency that can be another 2-4 years?

I really don't know lol. You're gonna be making $300k-$500k so you might as well play ball :manny:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
That's a cool lil stat and all dat but .....

But What percentage of black men are RICH in 2018 as opposed to 1920?......
Don't everybody wanna be a damn Doctor lol....I've only known 1 breh who wanted to be a doctor.....
but every black man I've ever met, on some level, somehow, someway.... aspired TO BE RICH!!!
nikkas out here tryna get money lol, maybe more Doctors need to flaunt how much money they make?
Then maybe the youth will want to be like them:manny:
Excellent question. My first guess would be the 1920s. Back then you had thriving black communities with black businesses. Now you have black individuals who are doing extremely well but the same can't often be said about communities.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. You're just making shyt up :mjpls:

The only people who are discouraged are the ain't shyt nikkas you surround yourself with. And if you're parents discouraged you then blame God for giving you shytty parents :wow:

Well damn,based on your smilies and no evidence. What choice do I have but to stand corrected now:respect:?

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I think it's 4 years? Sometimes there's something after residency that's like a residency that can be another 2-4 years?

I really don't know lol. You're gonna be making $300k-$500k so you might as well play ball :manny:
Big facts

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Now factor out all the black men who aren’t ADOS (pretty much the only black men that was in this country in 1940) and that number gets drastically more depressing.

Maybe because we don't have an interest in medicine? That shyt is boring that sht is? And it requires 10 years before making real money.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
My mom’s home girl is a plastic surgeon. First time in med school back in the late 80’s her professor apparently told her she took a seat from a more deserving person, hint hint a white boy. Black people gotta deal with hella fukk shyt in higher learning. Ol you got in cause affirmative action motha fukers. Don’t blame black folk from avoiding that shyt.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
This isnt accounting for natural healers.

Black men are more likely to have a disdain and distrust for the medical industry I would add. Although Im not defending against anything. Its our right to not want to work for the Europeanized medical gustapo.

And it's that same distrust that has our men dying earlier than other peer groups. If there's not a woman in the house it is highly unlikely black men as they age visit the doctor for check ups.

We need to stop being backwards.