The percentage of physicians who are Black men was the same in 2018 as it was in 1940.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
This isnt accounting for natural healers.

Black men are more likely to have a disdain and distrust for the medical industry I would add. Although Im not defending against anything. Its our right to not want to work for the Europeanized medical gustapo.

None of y'all nikkas are ignoring the medical industry because of some political stance, knock it off.

You have to be careful with these blue checks twitter birds on that app. That tweet could go either way but if we are looking at history as an example a viral tweet concerning black men from a blue-check doesn’t come from an area of concern.

It's amazing the amount of energy y'all put into these random nikkas on social media. A lot of y'all nikkas just come off as powerless.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
If we are going to keep it a buck the percentage of black women that are physicians isn't that much better either. :francis: this is very grim, the fact that in America the majority of our health professionals are people that don't look like us and don't know how to attend to our needs.

There's a reason why I encourage black men in black women alike to become doctors and nurses and all that because the medical field is still very racist. And over 60% of these white and non-black doctors and nurses and physicians harbor biases towards black folk.

:francis:

Black people would not be dying of simple things if more black folks were in these hospitals attending to our needs.

These whites and non black have been bred to hate us. And you truly cannot trust your health in the hands of somebody that barely sees you as a human being let alone on the same level as them.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I think folks need to start debating about the costs to enter professions. I'm certain the medical field would see more students in medicine if it wasn't so expensive. The idea of the price tag just to become a doctor is a negative stigma for students. Then you have fields like IT where someone could learn it on their own and get paid real good money. :manny:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
That's a cool lil stat and all dat but .....

But What percentage of black men are RICH in 2018 as opposed to 1920?......
Don't everybody wanna be a damn Doctor lol....I've only known 1 breh who wanted to be a doctor.....
but every black man I've ever met, on some level, somehow, someway.... aspired TO BE RICH!!!
nikkas out here tryna get money lol, maybe more Doctors need to flaunt how much money they make?
Then maybe the youth will want to be like them:manny:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
None of y'all nikkas are ignoring the medical industry because of some political stance, knock it off.

It's amazing the amount of energy y'all put into these random nikkas on social media. A lot of y'all nikkas just come off as powerless.

Thats like saying "none of you nikkas are ignoring law enforcement jobs because of a political stance". When we know full well many black men dont want to be cops due to our beliefs or hatred of the the police. Just like other cultures ,black men get shamed for taking a wide variety of jobs. But we might get it the most.Cant be a janitor,trash man,plumber,policemen,lawyer,military,nursing is for bytches. All varying on the respectability scale as well as the payscale. But mostly well paying jobs.

I have nothing to back up what im saying. Im only saying keep it in mind. We are discouraged from many jobs due to moral leanings of the community. Can we prove doctor doesnt fall under the same scrutiny?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a cool lil stat and all dat but .....

But What percentage of black men are RICH in 2018 as opposed to 1920?......
Don't everybody wanna be a damn Doctor lol....I've only known 1 breh who wanted to be a doctor.....
but every black man I've ever met, on some level, somehow, someway.... aspired TO BE RICH!!!
nikkas out here tryna get money lol, maybe more Doctors need to flaunt how much money they make?
Then maybe the youth will want to be like them:manny:

Exactly,black men have the right to not want to be anything we dont want to be. Nothing to defend here.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Serve in the military for a couple of years. Then use the GI bill to pay for med school.

But before med school maybe go to some post bac mcat prep program.

Many black males do this but it MUST be warned that simply “Joining the military for a few years” isn’t as easy as it may sound.

It takes a lot of internal discipline, mental fortitude, oh and lets not forget that little pesky PUTTING YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE potential.

It was just two years ago that America was still at war in the middle east. The war with North Korea NEVER ended, its just on ceasefire, and now the issues in Ukraine. Its a tall order to ask 18 year old black boys to potentially risk life & limb to be able to afford higher education

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I wouldn't say lack of interest. Just lack of proper MCAT prep accessibility. Keeping it real, (After dating a women who went to medical school) i realized one thing about getting into medical school. There are many other factors, but this one stood out the most to me.

and that is, you aren't really prepared for the exam through any traditional education. By that i mean, you can graduate highschool with a perfect GPA, have a 4.0 in college majoring in biology and still fail your MCAT (as she did 2 times) You have to study and take courses specifically designed for helping you pass an MCAT exam, This isn't cheap either. If you struggle to afford textbooks in college, free lunch kid in highschool, you probably won't be able to afford to prepare properly for an MCAT.

That university consistently produces the most Black students accepted into medical schools.
And they continue to lead by expanding the amount of resources for their students.

Black people will rise or fall based on leadership.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
How is this shytting on black men?
Will give OP the benefit of the doubt that he was joking. Hope nobody is that paranoid and insecure, but you can never tell on TLR.

Have seen the " lack of Black doctors" threads pivot into blaming/scapegoating others before, so I can't really call it.

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Thats like saying "none of you nikkas are ignoring law enforcement jobs because of a political stance". When we know full well many black men dont want to be cops due to our beliefs or hatred of the the police. Just like other cultures ,black men get shamed for taking a wide variety of jobs. But we might get it the most.Cant be a janitor,trash man,plumber,policemen,lawyer,military,nursing is for bytches. All varying on the respectability scale as well as the payscale. But mostly well paying jobs.

I have nothing to back up what im saying. Im only saying keep it in mind.

Exactly. You're just making shyt up :mjpls:

We are discouraged from many jobs due to moral leanings of the community. Can we prove doctor doesnt fall under the same scrutiny?

The only people who are discouraged are the ain't shyt nikkas you surround yourself with. And if you're parents discouraged you then blame God for giving you shytty parents :wow:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

:leon: Didn’t know that nor did I know this. These cacs sum else.

You're not going to want a second job in residency lol

I watched my sister go through med school and residency and they were working her 60-80 hours a week. Residency does pay you though. Something like $60-70k

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Many black males do this but it MUST be warned that simply “Joining the military for a few years” isn’t as easy as it may sound.

It takes a lot of internal discipline, mental fortitude, oh and lets not forget that little pesky PUTTING YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE potential.

It was just two years ago that America was still at war in the middle east. The war with North Korea NEVER ended, its just on ceasefire, and now the issues in Ukraine. Its a tall order to ask 18 year old black boys to potentially risk life & limb to be able to afford higher education
Medical school requires internal discipline and mental fortitude.

Oh and most people who serve do non-combative roles and are far away from harm.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Will give OP the benefit of the doubt that he was joking. Hope nobody is that paranoid and insecure, but you can never tell on TLR.

Have seen the lack of Black doctors threads pivot into blaming/scapegoating others before, so I can't really call it.

Fair enough. I'll give op the benefit of the doubt.

As I already mentioned my sister went to a non hbcu med school and she would always complain about how there weren't enough black students with her in her class. I think it took a mental toll on her dealing with white type A personalities. It's a common gripe of black med students in general.