The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
I wasn't expecting anything and I'm with it.

I love 90's nostalgia. I was just a lil kid I remember my parents going off about how OJ was innocent and being framed. This was in South Florida too. We talked about it at school too.

I was convinced as a kid OJ was innocent. Then I got older and was like "that nikka did it." :stopitslime:

Now I'm reading these Jason Simpson theories like :patrice: :ohhh:

I'll definitely be back next week.
i've been hearing for years his son did it
he was little mentally off

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
"dont cry for me, signed OJ" *writes smiley face on suicide note*.....

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
And idk about Ryan Murphy with something like Katrina. Man can't help but transform everything into fukkery . I wouldn't be suprised if somehow a alien isn't in this season about OJ ( despite it being based off a book)
He's not the showrunner breh he is just the producer.

Watched it a second time and was :mjlol: even more. Random stuff like when that lady told the story of OJ driving crazy and he's like "move your damn car!"

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Everyone who is bytching about certain things in this show need to stop for one simple reason...this show is not for us and the million other people who witnessed this, it's for the younger generation who know very little about it.

Cuba got casted because he's a fairly known Black male actor who can bring people in.
They don't care if he looked or sounded like OJ because they know we will watch regardless and they want people to watch who know nothing about him. If they know nothing about him, the sound and looks mean nothing.

The Kardashians are going to get their name put out there because all of the new people who know nothing about the case and are watching this first episode hear Kardashian and they're like "who the fukk is he", they then let everyone know who he is by mentioning the kids, and do it a few more times so they remember. That name alone will get stupid ass people to watch.

Show is great IMO and will only continue to get better
Idk i disagree breh. Everyone that seems to love it most are people like us who lived through it.

And younger people have no clue who cuba gooding he is. He's been pretty irrelevant for a while. But the 30+ crowd remember him from jerry maguire.

Having travolta adds even more fukkery for older brehs

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Idk i disagree breh. Everyone that seems to love it most are people like us who lived through it.

And younger people have no clue who cuba gooding he is. He's been pretty irrelevant for a while. But the 30+ crowd remember him from jerry maguire.

Yeah, cuba hasn't done shyt in a long while. This younger generation doesn't know him like 90s babies and older. My parents and older siblings found out and watched this show before most of my friends. The OJ simpson case is endlessly fascinating and ingrained in american history and psyche. I was just thinking how ill it would be if they got Fincher to direct the next season of this.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'm watching this show OJ The Secret Tapes and some of these folks kill me. They keep pointing to the fact that OJ keeps thinking about himself. They pointed to the fact that he rants about how much money this trial cost him, how much time he spent locked up, and and the reputation hit he took during the trial as proof that he killed her. And they asked him at the time of the verdict if he thought about Nicole and he says at that moment no. Who the fukk would be thinking about the victims at that point? If I'm possibly facing life in prison and finding out that I'm getting off you damn straight all I'm thinking about is that I'm going to be free. And how long is he supposed to grieve over the woman. If I'm innocent and feel I'm being wrongly convicted at some point the grieving gets replaced by anger.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.

Yeah, cuba hasn't done shyt in a long while. This younger generation doesn't know him like 90s babies and older. My parents and older siblings found out and watched this show before most of my friends. The OJ simpson case is endlessly fascinating and ingrained in american history and psyche. I was just thinking how ill it would be if they got Fincher to direct the next season of this.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. Old heads like us are going to watch, Cuba was to draw us in with a familiar name, all the new dropping of the Kardashians is to hopefully give the youngins something they can grasp on to.

That second post is exactly what I'm talking about, all your family was already watching because they knew about OJ but most of your friends aren't watching because they like "who the fukk" or know nothing about him.