The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That's my final theory for now. :jbhmm:

OJ knew what time Goldman had been coming over frequently, and he had already told Nicole earlier in the day he was going to Chicago. So she figures by that time of night he's definitely gone, and it's totally safe to have Goldman over.

OJ's thinking, "hell naw....ur screwing this dude in the same house where MY kids are sleeping?":demonic:

He may have even had someone at the restaurant let him know what time Goldman's shift was over. Then he got himself ready to go.

And as much as we knew he was prone to rage and probably cocaine use/pill popping, he could pull this off.

:patrice:

But on the flip-side, Goldman had alot of bruises on his knuckles from self-defense and OJ had no visible bruises on his body. Only the cut on the hand, which supposedly came from Nicoles nails, but I just watched this doc that said the blood under her nails did not match OJ's blood.

I'm still confused....we'll never know for sure. :damn:

I sorta have my doubts on this show not because of quality, but because it follows a book that cites race as the primary reason for OJ getting off. Thats been done before and I want this series to be deeper than that.

What gives me hope is that Cuba Gooding Jr. said everything about this case was always a little off and we'll see that in the show.

When this series concludes I want to be just as confused as you are.

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
rob kardashian wasn't that close with oj since his divorce and all of a sudden he shows up and is all up in the case? :patrice:

Last edited:

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
No one can forget where they were when that white Bronco was speeding down the highway. I was at my peeps house we were watching the NBA Finals, and they INTERRUPTED THE NBA FINALS to show this madness :mindblown: . LIke a breh said earlier, it started as the Picture in Picture tiny box on screen, then became the main box putting the finals in the small box. Unheard of. Back then I was ready for OJ to just blow his brains out in the car so they could get back to the game :beli:
I had that shyt on tape, but then taped over it :snoop: Historic shyt gone for good.

The broadcast opened with Bob Costas dramatically telling OJ to turn himself in, surreal. I hit record as soon as the PiP started. The World Cup was on ESPN at that time too, don't know if they cut into that as well.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I had that shyt on tape, but then taped over it :snoop: Historic shyt gone for good.

The broadcast opened with Bob Costas dramatically telling OJ to turn himself in, surreal. I hit record as soon as the PiP started. The World Cup was on ESPN at that time too, don't know if they cut into that as well.

There's a 30 for 30 about that whole thing involving that chase and the major sports events going on that day it's a classic bout to watch it right now actually :ohlawd:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I thought they were arresting him with special circumstance, which meant he would have been held without bail anyway. Had he been found guilty I'm sure they would have used the car chase to question his state of mind, and I kind of think they hinted at that in the show.
Its strange because the DA was going to let him turn himself in at his own chosen time before the Bronco chase. I'm sure that's what the prosecution would have argued for but no way Shapiro would have gone along with no bail before OJ killed his chances with the Bronco chase.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------

I remember the news channel being outside of OJ's house after the Bronco chase and they were taking callers. This white dude calls in pretending to be a black man and the fools couldn't even tell. He was sounding like Foghorn Leghorn talking about how he was there watching what was going on. There's a couple lines I can still remember almost verbatim

News anchor :What are you seeing now?
CAC: *in overtly stereotypical black voice* Right now i see OJ. Yeah, I see OJ and he look scared! :dead:
News anchor: Well thanks Mr Whatever, and you have a good evening
CAC: And a Baba Bouey to you too!

I didn't know until years later after listing to Howard Stern what that really was, but me and my father were watching that the whole time ROLLIN :mjlol:

Last edited:

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
rob kardashian wasn't that close with oj since his divorce and all of a sudden he shows up and is all up in the case? :patrice:

They were still close. One of the biggest theories out there was that he was told to reopen his license to practice because he played a part in keeping OJ from going to jail by hiding evidence. By reopening it then turned OJ into client and anything he knew was protected I under the privilege and he couldn't be called upon to testify in court against OJ

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Second episode is tonight correct? Y'all youngins bout to witness fukkery to the millionth power tonight. This shyt took over TV like the president was speaking... shyt was unheard of, nikkaz on over passes and in the streets with signs saying "run juice run"...shyt will be epic but us old nikkaz got to witness this shyt firsthand.

On everything I love my uncle had passed away that night before and we got on a plane that morning and went to Pittsburgh to be with my aunt and cousins. That night we were all sitting in the house, I was watching the Finals while the older members of the family sat in the dining room talking, then they broke into the coverage of the game to show that shyt split screen in a little box, I'm talking not more than ten minutes later my family had forgotten about the funeral and were glued to the tv as that little box got bigger and the game got smaller.

If that doesn't show you how this took over everything then I don't know what else to tell you.

Oh and for the record my uncle was less than 40 years old and died in a fire while working on a house that he owned and was fixing the electricity in. So this wasn't a death that was expected at all.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Second episode is tonight correct? Y'all youngins bout to witness fukkery to the millionth power tonight. This shyt took over TV like the president was speaking... shyt was unheard of, nikkaz on over passes and in the streets with signs saying "run juice run"...shyt will be epic but us old nikkaz got to witness this shyt firsthand.

On everything I love my uncle had passed away that night before and we got on a plane that morning and went to Pittsburgh to be with my aunt and cousins. That night we were all sitting in the house, I was watching the Finals while the older members of the family sat in the dining room talking, then they broke into the coverage of the game to show that shyt split screen in a little box, I'm talking not more than ten minutes later my family had forgotten about the funeral and were glued to the tv as that little box got bigger and the game got smaller.

If that doesn't show you how this took over everything then I don't know what else to tell you.

Oh and for the record my uncle was less than 49 years old and died in a fire while working on a house that he owned and was fixing the electricity in. So this wasn't a death that was expected at all.
i thought we was cousins before you said pittsburg

had family pass... i can't remember who cause it was distant to me... but i remember going into a hotel on the way to NC... we pull in and everyone and their mama is in the lobby... just watching OJ on the run.. all my family (dad, mom, aunts, uncles) are fixated by this, didn't even bother to check in for at least an hour. i don't know why as a kid, but it captivated me too.. i just sat there and watched :wow:

WATTBA :blessed: