The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Hernandez trial wasn't as big for the same reason that the Carruth trial wasn't as big...it's because nobody gives a shyt about them. They're just NFL Players, OJ was that dude. Thats why everyone was glued to the tv, why work didn't get done, school classes basically stopped.
Yes it was huge because it was OJ. But the victims were two upper class white people and it happened in a rich neighborhood. Hernandez murdered a black man and Carruth murdered a black woman. They not getting that kind of press.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
1. You talking about Kato? He was living in OJs pool house for some odd reason. I still don't think we know the real story on how Kato injected himself into OJ's life.

2. If I remember correctly, OJ's excuse was he was depressed and wanted to go to Nicole's grave and probably kill himself there. The Bronco chase lead to him being held without bail for the whole case/trial

I thought they were arresting him with special circumstance, which meant he would have been held without bail anyway. Had he been found guilty I'm sure they would have used the car chase to question his state of mind, and I kind of think they hinted at that in the show.

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He went to kill her. Had to. He had a flight out of the state. He had the knife to do it. It is interesting how Goldman showed up. How long was OJ waiting until she came out the house? Did he get there at the exact same time Goldman showed up? Just a coincidence? If he didn't expect her to come out the house was he gonna kill her in the same house his kids slept in?
alright if he went to kill her do you think he had been planning it for days/weeks or he just made the plans that day?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
alright if he went to kill her do you think he had been planning it for days/weeks or he just made the plans that day?
when did he book the ticket?

and what was his reason for going there?

i'm sure they'll ask all these questions in the show.. but that would tell you a lot about why he chose to do it that night

you know..... if he did it :mjpls:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Possibly weeks. Possibly forever. :manny:
Dude was wacko for her. Used to beat her. Finds out she's fukking with some younger nobody, spending his loot. That wasn't gonna end well, Goldman picked the wrong pawg. :ufdup:

and her dumb ass probably knew that the juice would flip if caught with him. bytchez are crazy, they sometimes invite the drama. But the hate for her, to be at their daughters dance recitle that same day, knowing that night he was gonna do it.

Peep the time line
Timeline of June 12,1994: Murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
In fact, Cuba gushed about how in love he still was with his wife in a 2013 interview on The View.

“She has been changing to this other woman that I have to introduce myself to every few years,” Cuba explained at the time. “And thank god I’ve fallen in love with each one. It’s true. I’m lucky that way.”

He did, however, add: “I want to kill her sometimes.” It looks like the bad eventually overpowered the good in Cuba and Sara’s relationship, but no one can say they didn’t try their best to make their marriage work.

Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Wife Files For Separation After 20 Years Of Marriage

Don't do it, Cuba! :merchant::damn:

Cubanthal Simpson.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Hernandez trial wasn't as big for the same reason that the Carruth trial wasn't as big...it's because nobody gives a shyt about them. They're just NFL Players, OJ was that dude. Thats why everyone was glued to the tv, why work didn't get done, school classes basically stopped.

This had nothing to do with the lack of social media, it's because of how big OJ was, you're seriously down playing what he was.

You think if Jordan went out and murdered someone today that it wouldn't get the same attention this got because we have social media...you're crazy. There is no rating showing abunch of shyt on Hernandez because you just trace a little bit and it's proven that dude has issues and he was just starting his career. OJ doing this was a surprise to everyone.

Yeah, people forget how big OJ was outside of football.

It would be like comparing the media coverage between Michael Strahan and John Randle getting caught up in a murder case. Randle would get headlines and it would be a big news story for a few days, but Strahan catching a murder case would stop the country. Like Strahan, OJ transcended being a sports star into being a mainstream celebrity.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Dude was wacko for her. Used to beat her. Finds out she's fukking with some younger nobody, spending his loot. That wasn't gonna end well, Goldman picked the wrong pawg. :ufdup:

and her dumb ass probably knew that the juice would flip if caught with him. bytchez are crazy, they sometimes invite the drama. But the hate for her, to be at their daughters dance recitle that same day, knowing that night he was gonna do it.

Peep the time line
actually i now think, he thought of this on the fly

cause it was at the recital that she was dressed slutty and acting all stupid and shyt... then he apparently told someone else later he was gonna teach her a lesson for that... probably was gonna just smack her up and scare her

but then saw this nikka coming out the crib and quickly turned from :birdman: to :demonic:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

Peep the time line

It's still odd though the more i think about it.

I mean it could all just be a coincidence. But how would he have known Goldman was coming over that night at that time?

Unless maybe he came over about that time every night :ohhh: And maybe OJ had been watching for days/weeks. The "he was going to return the glasses" excuse could've just been a surface reason to protect his image.

But for it to just be a wrong place/wrong time thing for Goldman, I don't buy that.

Because in the end, he had the knife, gloves/hat, and had to know the exact spot in the yard both of them would meet

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
That's my final theory for now. :jbhmm:

OJ knew what time Goldman had been coming over frequently, and he had already told Nicole earlier in the day he was going to Chicago. So she figures by that time of night he's definitely gone, and it's totally safe to have Goldman over.

OJ's thinking, "hell naw....ur screwing this dude in the same house where MY kids are sleeping?":demonic:

He may have even had someone at the restaurant let him know what time Goldman's shift was over. Then he got himself ready to go.

And as much as we knew he was prone to rage and probably cocaine use/pill popping, he could pull this off.

:patrice:

But on the flip-side, Goldman had alot of bruises on his knuckles from self-defense and OJ had no visible bruises on his body. Only the cut on the hand, which supposedly came from Nicoles nails, but I just watched this doc that said the blood under her nails did not match OJ's blood.

I'm still confused....we'll never know for sure. :damn:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
this is pretty fukkin dope :ohhh:

dude playing cochran is ill, lookin forward to his scenes

travolta doing good. cuba...about what i expected

:dead: @ all the kardashian daughter name drops that add nothing to the story

Courtney B. Vance is a fukking beast breh...on top of that he's married to Angela Basset.

:banderas:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's my final theory for now. :jbhmm:

OJ knew what time Goldman had been coming over frequently, and he had already told Nicole earlier in the day he was going to Chicago. So she figures by that time of night he's definitely gone, and it's totally safe to have Goldman over.

OJ's thinking, "hell naw....ur screwing this dude in the same house where MY kids are sleeping?":demonic:

He may have even had someone at the restaurant let him know what time Goldman's shift was over. Then he got himself ready to go.

And as much as we knew he was prone to rage and probably cocaine use/pill popping, he could pull this off.

:patrice:

But on the flip-side, Goldman had alot of bruises on his knuckles from self-defense and OJ had no visible bruises on his body. Only the cut on the hand, which supposedly came from Nicoles nails, but I just watched this doc that said the blood under her nails did not match OJ's blood.

I'm still confused....we'll never know for sure. :damn:
yo idk if you read that 'if i did it' book...but shyt was pretty convincing :skip: or oj is a good fiction writer :skip: