The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
commading scenes and he hasnt even hit near to the courtroom :wow: gona have to check out his acting credits

Some you might know of:

Hamburger Hill
the Hunt for Red October
Panther
Dangerous Minds
The Tuskeegee Airmen

That last one....:mjcry: :mjcry: :mjcry:

Funny because Cuba and Malcom Jamal Warner were in that with him too.

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Possibly weeks. Possibly forever. :manny:
Dude was wacko for her. Used to beat her. Finds out she's fukking with some younger nobody, spending his loot. That wasn't gonna end well, Goldman picked the wrong pawg. :ufdup:

and her dumb ass probably knew that the juice would flip if caught with him. bytchez are crazy, they sometimes invite the drama. But the hate for her, to be at their daughters dance recitle that same day, knowing that night he was gonna do it.

Peep the time line
Timeline of June 12,1994: Murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman
smh at paula being mad she couldnt go to recital so she flew to vegas to fukk michael bolton. so oj called up jasmine guy :krs:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
:salute:To all you old nikkas posting relevant facts, pics, videos, & etc. for us that were too young back when this was going on.

My nikka...I remember the shyt like it was yesterday.

Now my memory isn't great, but I remember that it was a Friday...you know why? Becuase it was fukking TGIF (thank got it's friday) on ABC and Urkle was supposed to be on...yet here I am watching this fukking idiot ride up and down the highway :mjlol:

I was so fukking mad, every last TV station you tried to turn to had the car chase on, the shyt shut down the entire media.

It was a real trip for me because I was 11/12 years old, and it was fukking huge.

I grew up in NC and when the verdict was read, people were going outside in the neighborhood and yelling the verdict down the street, and everyone just came outside and started talking about it. Like, most of the neighborhood. I can't see anything like that ever happening again. Comedians had entire bits during standup specials about the trial and everyone involved. I don't think there will ever be another trial where EVERYONE knows the name of all the prosecutors, defense lawyers, the judge, all the witnesses, etc.

It was a total shyt show.

Before Dana Carvey of SNL fame was :flabbynsick: he did an 8 minute bit on it

It really was a moment in time. A unique time in America, not that unlike the present day in terms of celebrity and racial tensions. And then just a perfect storm of fukkery before, during, and after the trial.

Off topic but that special by Dana is underrated as fukk :laugh:

One of my favorite stand up specials.

:dead: @ his Johnny Cochran impression.

"what's DNA anyway? It's just 3 little letters. It probably stands for...Did Not Attack" :mjlol:

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The second half of this doc is good. Never heard of this wasz dude before. He said he was hired to stalk Nicole and seen her kissing Marcus Allen

Last edited:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
great thread

and like some of the others, i have to add on as someone who lived through it and remember it like it was yesterday.

i was in college at the time (Howard University) and from the moment this started to its conclusion it was riveting to say the least.

No one can forget where they were when that white Bronco was speeding down the highway. I was at my peeps house we were watching the NBA Finals, and they INTERRUPTED THE NBA FINALS to show this madness :mindblown: . LIke a breh said earlier, it started as the Picture in Picture tiny box on screen, then became the main box putting the finals in the small box. Unheard of. Back then I was ready for OJ to just blow his brains out in the car so they could get back to the game :beli:

but yeah, I remember at the time believing he did not do it, and no amount of so called "evidence" could convince me otherwise, and once crooKKKed azz Furman got exposed for what he was.

I had even entertained if he did do it, I didn't even care anyways cuz cacs got away with shyt all the time, and this was the key part which was important that the show started this way: Rodney King and the LA Riots were still fresh in our minds. So what if he off'd these two cacs, whats the big deal :heh:

can never forget when the verdict was read i was in my apartment with my homegirl (who i eventually married, crazy) and we were JUMPING UP AND DOWN so excited that he walked..then I remember NBC and Tom Brokaw on national TV showing students from Howard University in some class or building all jubilantly celebrating the verdict...and either before showing HU or after, he showed some cacs somewhere reacting to the verdict and you'd have thought they were all sentenced to death, because they took it so hard. I said to myself, man they are gonna be making us pay for this for the rest of our lives aren't the?

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Gilbert's book, "How I Helped O.J. Get Away With Murder: The Shocking Inside Story of Violence, Loyalty, Regret and Remorse" is due in stores Monday. It was released to The Associated Press in advance.

He said Simpson had smoked pot, took a sleeping pill and was drinking beer when he confided at his Brentwood home weeks after his trial what happened the night of June 12, 1994. Simpson said he went to his ex-wife's condominium, but did not bring a knife with him. Simpson told him Nicole Brown Simpson had one in her hand when she opened the door.

In a soft mumble, Simpson told him: "If she hadn't opened that door with a knife in her hand ... she'd still be alive."
Ex-O.J. friend: Simpson admitted killing his wife
I don't know if this has been posted before in this thread, but his agent said this in his book, true or not who knows. But it adds to my theory of what happened.

OJ went to Nicole's to talk to her about why she was so pissy at the recital and wouldn't talk to him. He knew that it was basically over, and she moving on. He probably had a pretty good idea that she was sleeping with Goldman, and that he was driving his cars and all that.

There's multiple reports that says that both OJ and Nicole liked the domestic drama, they were one of those couples. OJ telling the police "You've been here 8 times and now you want to arrest me??!?! :dead:" Even Nicole's family advised her to stay with him throughout all the abuse because that was a meal ticket. She got saved up by Juice at 18, he was basically her whole life.

He went over there, and Nicole came out with a knife to scare him away. Then he saw Goldman there/or Goldman just happened to show up right after he got there with bad timing and Juice went crazy on them.

OJ was crazy, maybe CTE [https://www.thewrap.com/concussion-doctor-believes-o-j-simpson-suffers-from-cte], but he did love Nicole so I really don't think he had it planned for weeks and weeks. But who knows, jus a young man's theory :manny:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
great thread

and like some of the others, i have to add on as someone who lived through it and remember it like it was yesterday.

i was in college at the time (Howard University) and from the moment this started to its conclusion it was riveting to say the least.

No one can forget where they were when that white Bronco was speeding down the highway. I was at my peeps house we were watching the NBA Finals, and they INTERRUPTED THE NBA FINALS to show this madness :mindblown: . LIke a breh said earlier, it started as the Picture in Picture tiny box on screen, then became the main box putting the finals in the small box. Unheard of. Back then I was ready for OJ to just blow his brains out in the car so they could get back to the game :beli:

but yeah, I remember at the time believing he did not do it, and no amount of so called "evidence" could convince me otherwise, and once crooKKKed azz Furman got exposed for what he was.

I had even entertained if he did do it, I didn't even care anyways cuz cacs got away with shyt all the time, and this was the key part which was important that the show started this way: Rodney King and the LA Riots were still fresh in our minds. So what if he off'd these two cacs, whats the big deal :heh:

can never forget when the verdict was read i was in my apartment with my homegirl (who i eventually married, crazy) and we were JUMPING UP AND DOWN so excited that he walked..then I remember NBC and Tom Brokaw on national TV showing students from Howard University in some class or building all jubilantly celebrating the verdict...and either before showing HU or after, he showed some cacs somewhere reacting to the verdict and you'd have thought they were all sentenced to death, because they took it so hard. I said to myself, man they are gonna be making us pay for this for the rest of our lives aren't the?

The way black folks reacted was hilarious yet troubling...In my head i'm like :whoa: tone it down :laugh:

Lets celebrate at home, muthafukkas was damn near about to riot out of joy of OJ getting off, people who thought/KNEW he was guilty included. I understood it, but you could just tell it had an effect on the whole country.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
That's one thing I'm digging about this. I don't think they're going to really present much besides what we know for sure. The scenes of OJ alone have been fairly interpretive as to what you think he's feeling/thinking inside, and despite Cuba Gooding Jr. not really looking or sounding like OJ Simpson, I like how he's playing OJ. One thing I'd really like to know---because it's central to playing the part, is whether or not Cuba Gooding Jr. is playing OJ as a guilty or innocent man. I'm sure as an actor he had to ultimately make a personal decision about that. Maybe he and the creator know, or maybe the creator told him to play it how he saw fit? I don't know the answer, and I'm sure Cuba will never say it publicly. But I'd love to know whether he deep down is playing OJ as a guilty or innocent man, despite the ambiguity they're clearly going to give us all season.

He was actually on sports radio yesterday and was asked this. He went in thinking he was guilty but during his time reading up on the case (said he studied it for over six months) and seeing everything that was out there he started changing his outlook and truly believed that he was innocent.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I don't know if this has been posted before in this thread, but his agent said this in his book, true or not who knows. But it adds to my theory of what happened.

OJ went to Nicole's to talk to her about why she was so pissy at the recital and wouldn't talk to him. He knew that it was basically over, and she moving on. He probably had a pretty good idea that she was sleeping with Goldman, and that he was driving his cars and all that.

There's multiple reports that says that both OJ and Nicole liked the domestic drama, they were one of those couples. OJ telling the police "You've been here 8 times and now you want to arrest me??!?! :dead:" Even Nicole's family advised her to stay with him throughout all the abuse because that was a meal ticket. She got saved up by Juice at 18, he was basically her whole life.

He went over there, and Nicole came out with a knife to scare him away. Then he saw Goldman there/or Goldman just happened to show up right after he got there with bad timing and Juice went crazy on them.

OJ was crazy, maybe CTE [https://www.thewrap.com/concussion-doctor-believes-o-j-simpson-suffers-from-cte], but he did love Nicole so I really don't think he had it planned for weeks and weeks. But who knows, jus a young man's theory :manny:

That's interesting, but....why would he have on gloves and a skully just to go over and talk to her?

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Everyone who is bytching about certain things in this show need to stop for one simple reason...this show is not for us and the million other people who witnessed this, it's for the younger generation who know very little about it.

Cuba got casted because he's a fairly known Black male actor who can bring people in. They don't care if he looked or sounded like OJ because they know we will watch regardless and they want people to watch who know nothing about him. If they know nothing about him, the sound and looks mean nothing.

The Kardashians are going to get their name put out there because all of the new people who know nothing about the case and are watching this first episode hear Kardashian and they're like "who the fukk is he", they then let everyone know who he is by mentioning the kids, and do it a few more times so they remember. That name alone will get stupid ass people to watch.

Show is great IMO and will only continue to get better

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
And OJ had been around for twice as long as Lebron by the time this all happened. He had done a shytload of movies and commercials and was a recognizable figure to everyone in the world, not just certain fans or age groups.

I can't even think of another athlete that is comparable, maybe MJ, but even that seems like it's short-changing Juice. He was more like a Michael Jackson figure, a huge superstar everywhere.
Exactly. There was one and only one OJ in terms of remaining in the spotlight after they retired. You also have to remember, people liked OJ. People don't like LeBron, they don't like Kobe. There's not a lot of former athletes that are genuinely liked by people who watched him and non-sports fans. Shaq is probably the closest you'll get to an OJ comparison, only difference was the rings and Shaq wasn't the face of the NBA.

It would be like comparing the media coverage between Michael Strahan and John Randle getting caught up in a murder case. Randle would get headlines and it would be a big news story for a few days, but Strahan catching a murder case would stop the country. Like Strahan, OJ transcended being a sports star into being a mainstream celebrity.

:patrice:

KELLY-SLIDE.jpg

fox-nfl-sunday.jpg

Metamucil.jpg

Metamucil Health Bar TV Commercial, 'Elevator' Featuring Michael Strahan

article-2605133-1D2089C400000578-732_634x390.jpg

:ehh:

Accurate.