The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
:salute:To all you old nikkas posting relevant facts, pics, videos, & etc. for us that were too young back when this was going on.
i was a freshman in college (NCATSU) when the verdict was read. There was a campus wide announcement made the night before the verdict, Monday at 2PM if i remembered correctly. I think even classes were suspended:mjlol: My dorm was quiet as the verdict was about to be read, everybody's door was open and as soon as the jury said "Not Guilty" my dorm erupted. Everyone ran out their dorm rooms jumping around giving high fives and hugs:russ: the OJ trial was shown in its entirely on every major tv channel in the US (CBS, NBC, ABC) for atleast 6 months straight. This is before the internet so all we had was the TV and newspaper/tabloid reports. All the daytime talk shows (Oprah, Geraldo, Donahue) did daily shows about what happened that day in court. All the nightly news (Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw) lead their broadcasts with details of what happened in court that day. Geraldo actually brought the replica Bronco to his studio to examine where the blood was found. This was also the hey day of soap operas but the networks pretty much suspended all of them for the OJ trial:whoo: As game 5 of the Rockets/Knicks finals, the picture in picture box showing the Bronco chase slowly got bigger as the game went on and by the end the game was in the small box:francis:

hqdefault.jpg

It was an amazing time in American history. It helped make the 90s the GOAT decade for me. I will never forget it:mjcry:

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
i agree. i like this show so far, but them emphasizing the kardashians is annoying to me. like yeah, we get it the kardashians were there for the fukkery
No doubt. I'm not totally sold on Cuba's portrayal, he somewhat has the look but looks too small. Voice isn't really capturing the juice. Travolta is interesting, but Vance as Johnny is already killing it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
never would have thought this guy would be responsible for these quotes :salute:

ryan-murphy.jpg

Wow. Never seen him before.

you can tell who's cacs in this thread so easily :lolbron:

as for the show itself it was entertaining. albeit fukkery filled. i'll give it a few episodes to get good. the cochran performance seems like the best one.

Yep. He was the most interesting character so far, which kinda makes sense because he was such an interesting character in real life. That rotating wardrobe was pretty dope also and I liked the Michael Jackson reference.

No doubt. I'm not totally sold on Cuba's portrayal, he somewhat has the look but looks too small. Voice isn't really capturing the juice. Travolta is interesting, but Vance as Johnny is already killing it.

I'm on board with all this. I'm just taking a guess that Cuba is going to be doing a lot of performing without words, unless they also show the civil suit depositions. I'm almost positive he only testified on the witness stand during the civil trial and not the criminal one, which is clearly the focus of this season.

I also don't know if he had any substantial public statements between the arrest and the acquittal.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. Apparently he didn't even prep for it and just did it on the fly. So another problem was HOW he had OJ try on the gloves. He just handed them to OJ and his defense team. He gave them total control of how they handled it. He didn't interject, or explain how leather can shrink when wet, or how OJ might have been expanding his fingers, or that OJ already had latex gloves on during the test.

He just handed over the gloves and didn't really make an effort to control the situation.

I timecoded this to start at the right time

And Johnnie saying the most etherous rhyme in court history, "If it doesn't fit you must acquit".

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
i agree. i like this show so far, but them emphasizing the kardashians is annoying to me. like yeah, we get it the kardashians were there for the fukkery

:whatthefukk: What? You know one of OJ's lawyers was Robert Kardishian which spawned with Kris and produced those kids right? Kris was friends with Nicole and Robert was really good friends with OJ. Allegedly even hiding a bag that he brought back from Chicago. :sas2:

Before the sex tape, this was her claim to fame, being ol'boy's daughter.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Well having that OJ was sleeping in Kim's bed makes it hard TO ignore it. It all happened.
I hear that. The whole kids having to be named at the funeral was unnecessary. I know Kris was good friends with Nicole. Keep it at that. They almost were mentioned as much as OJs kids.

Which also brings up, if OJ did the killings, he straight up knew his kids were in the house sleeping with the door opened. It's one thing to kill your wife and another to potentially have your kids discover the bodies.