The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
and they told darden NOT to have OJ try on the glove

they fukked that case up a million different ways
Yep. Apparently he didn't even prep for it and just did it on the fly. So another problem was HOW he had OJ try on the gloves. He just handed them to OJ and his defense team. He gave them total control of how they handled it. He didn't interject, or explain how leather can shrink when wet, or how OJ might have been expanding his fingers, or that OJ already had latex gloves on during the test.

He just handed over the gloves and didn't really make an effort to control the situation.

I timecoded this to start at the right time

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Season 2 is about Hurricane Katrina
what the fukk they gonna do tho?

i mean besides who's gonna play bush.. which will be a golden fukking season of presidential fukkery.....

what "crime" will they focus on? there's not gonna be any trial.. no real 1 person to follow... no story except people drowning, starving and dying for weeks.. only to end with fat checks and a city still destroyed

doesn't seem like a compelling read at all

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:salute:To all you old nikkas posting relevant facts, pics, videos, & etc. for us that were too young back when this was going on.
It was a real trip for me because I was 11/12 years old, and it was fukking huge.

I grew up in NC and when the verdict was read, people were going outside in the neighborhood and yelling the verdict down the street, and everyone just came outside and started talking about it. Like, most of the neighborhood. I can't see anything like that ever happening again. Comedians had entire bits during standup specials about the trial and everyone involved. I don't think there will ever be another trial where EVERYONE knows the name of all the prosecutors, defense lawyers, the judge, all the witnesses, etc.

It was a total shyt show.

Before Dana Carvey of SNL fame was :flabbynsick: he did an 8 minute bit on it

It really was a moment in time. A unique time in America, not that unlike the present day in terms of celebrity and racial tensions. And then just a perfect storm of fukkery before, during, and after the trial.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
what the fukk they gonna do tho?

i mean besides who's gonna play bush.. which will be a golden fukking season of presidential fukkery.....

what "crime" will they focus on? there's not gonna be any trial.. no real 1 person to follow... no story except people drowning, starving and dying for weeks.. only to end with fat checks and a city still destroyed

doesn't seem like a compelling read at all
I agree, but I'm sure they'll find a way to go with it. If this season continues to be as unexpectedly interesting, I'll hold out some faith on it.

AHS seemed like it went to shyt, but ACS seems fresh so far. This is what I read about season 2:

"The second season is in development, and will focus on Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. Ryan Murphy explained the working plan is "to follow a group of six to eight people in an attempt to examine all sides of the tragedy, from the Superdome in New Orleans to the hospital to those who were put on buses and dropped off with babies who had to wear trash bags for multiple days. I want this show to be a socially conscious, socially aware examination of different types of crime around the world," he said. "And in my opinion, Katrina was a fukking crime — a crime against a lot of people who didn’t have a strong voice and we’re going to treat it as a crime. That’s what this show is all about." Production for the second season is expected to begin in fall 2016"

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
surprisingly they have been going off facts most of the way so far

so if you're watching this and thinking it makes OJ look guilty... well :patrice:

they never actually show him doing anything that night but going to the car at a time.. which he admitted... kato admitted to the noise... they had the blood and the glove.. he did fail a lie detector.. he did have the cut.. he did go on the run.. he did make those police statements

but they haven't shown him doing anything to say he did it, nor shown the police do anything to set him up

the conclusions you came up with so far, are on your own :manny:

That's one thing I'm digging about this. I don't think they're going to really present much besides what we know for sure. The scenes of OJ alone have been fairly interpretive as to what you think he's feeling/thinking inside, and despite Cuba Gooding Jr. not really looking or sounding like OJ Simpson, I like how he's playing OJ. One thing I'd really like to know---because it's central to playing the part, is whether or not Cuba Gooding Jr. is playing OJ as a guilty or innocent man. I'm sure as an actor he had to ultimately make a personal decision about that. Maybe he and the creator know, or maybe the creator told him to play it how he saw fit? I don't know the answer, and I'm sure Cuba will never say it publicly. But I'd love to know whether he deep down is playing OJ as a guilty or innocent man, despite the ambiguity they're clearly going to give us all season.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
"The second season is in development, and will focus on Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. Ryan Murphy explained the working plan is "to follow a group of six to eight people in an attempt to examine all sides of the tragedy, from the Superdome in New Orleans to the hospital to those who were put on buses and dropped off with babies who had to wear trash bags for multiple days. I want this show to be a socially conscious, socially aware examination of different types of crime around the world," he said. "And in my opinion, Katrina was a fukking crime — a crime against a lot of people who didn’t have a strong voice and we’re going to treat it as a crime. That’s what this show is all about." Production for the second season is expected to begin in fall 2016"
Honestly for the tragedy of Katrina to be covered right in a TV series, it would have to be on HBO. FX is good, but I don't trust Murphy or FX to really do a series focusing on all of the aspects of Katrina any justice :ehh:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Show is definitely on GOAT level
much better than american horror story

I wonder if they'll do the Kobe Bryant case for next season
Kobe got out of that almost flawless way more people were caping for him than OJ although it is rape vs murder

GOAT level? Its been one episode lmao and it was average as fukk tbh

and the Kobe case? You serious breh? Nobody would give two shyts about that

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
GOAT level? Its been one episode lmao and it was average as fukk tbh

and the Kobe case? You serious breh? Nobody would give two shyts about that
I liked the 1st ep a lot but I also had zero expectations and hadn't even seen a trailer for the show. I cared that little. But yeah the Kobe case? For a TV season/mini series? Making for good tv?
:childplease:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I agree, but I'm sure they'll find a way to go with it. If this season continues to be as unexpectedly interesting, I'll hold out some faith on it.

AHS seemed like it went to shyt, but ACS seems fresh so far. This is what I read about season 2:

never would have thought this guy would be responsible for these quotes :salute:

ryan-murphy.jpg

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you can tell who's cacs in this thread so easily :lolbron:

as for the show itself it was entertaining. albeit fukkery filled. i'll give it a few episodes to get good. the cochran performance seems like the best one.

Last edited: