The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
maybe this could jog your memory.

Oh yeah. I kinda do recall now. I think the whole trial is what I came to associate Juice's face with eventually unless he was a prop in a bad movie being dragged under a truck or jumping over luggage in an airport to bring white women suitcases.

I certainly remember Frank Reich.

Alfred0Santana

I used to drop Lewinsky off at the White House.
Daps
In.

Netflix got me spoiled man. Not trying to week till next week man :mjcry:.

9 more episodes. I'll get used to Cuba. He did aight though.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
surprisingly they have been going off facts most of the way so far

so if you're watching this and thinking it makes OJ look guilty... well :patrice:

they never actually show him doing anything that night but going to the car at a time.. which he admitted... kato admitted to the noise... they had the blood and the glove.. he did fail a lie detector.. he did have the cut.. he did go on the run.. he did make those police statements

but they haven't shown him doing anything to say he did it, nor shown the police do anything to set him up

the conclusions you came up with so far, are on your own :manny:
Nah you're missing my point.

The key isn't just thinking he maybe didn't do it. It would be focusing on the "persona" or Myth of Juice. As others have mentioned here. He was like Tiger Woods pre getting caught up. Plus they have Cuba playing the role suspect as hell. The one thing OJ did have was a calmness and a charisma that even if shyt didn't add up you'd still buy it....cause well, he's OJ.

This is what I mean by by the numbers. Yes, he horribly failed that test. But they're not playing up the paranoia for OJ in THOSE times. Even if he did it. Not a sense of anything crooked going on. The opening scene was the Rodney King beating and the riots that took place afterwards. That was a great setup for how people would perceive things. But what followed was simply, "this happened, then this happened, etc."

I think they're trying to sell that idea. I.E the black radio debate. But idk I'm not buying it. In 94 you had reason to doubt anything they were telling us.

I heard Cuba said he changed his belief on things from script to script. So maybe thats how it plays out. However, as of now its really not doing anything different than what we've seen before. Also, again...the author already has his perspective over the series. So we know where its going. Obviously looks guilty, plays race card now he's free. Its well crafted though.

I was just expecting a True Detective kind of uncertainty. Maybe it will :manny:

Its still really good.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Nah you're missing my point.

The key isn't just thinking he maybe didn't do it. It would be focusing on the "persona" or Myth of Juice. As others have mentioned here. He was like Tiger Woods pre getting caught up. Plus they have Cuba playing the role suspect as hell. The one thing OJ did have was a calmness and a charisma that even if shyt didn't add up you'd still buy it....cause well, he's OJ.

This is what I mean by by the numbers. Yes, he horribly failed that test. But they're not playing up the paranoia for OJ in THOSE times. Even if he did it. Not a sense of anything crooked going on. The opening scene was the Rodney King beating and the riots that took place afterwards. That was a great setup for how people would perceive things. But what followed was simply, "this happened, then this happened, etc."

I think they're trying to sell that idea. I.E the black radio debate. But idk I'm not buying it. In 94 you had reason to doubt anything they were telling us.

I heard Cuba said he changed his belief on things from script to script. So maybe thats how it plays out. However, as of now its really not doing anything different than what we've seen before. Also, again...the author already has his perspective over the series. So we know where its going. Obviously looks guilty, plays race card now he's free. Its well crafted though.

I was just expecting a True Detective kind of uncertainty. Maybe it will :manny:

Its still really good.
ok i see what you mean... i think that was what bomani was saying too... that they were doing a piss poor job of displaying just how loved OJ was in America.. it wasn't just some random nfl dude.. it was the fukking juice.. and everyone loved him and rooted for him and was on some "oh no no no... not OJ"

they give about 2.5 seconds of that... when the guys are telling marcia clark about it... she's like who? and they ramble off everything he's done "you know........ usc star..... .buffalo bill..... first guy to 2000 yards...... really? the guy from the commercials... and movies....... i can't believe you don't know him...... he does the nfl"

then they never mention it again.... so maybe they'll get back to that

then again.... this is FX.... we know why we're here

35762401.jpg

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
:ohhh: Wasn't this chick a recurring character on "Girlfriends"?

Yup, she was that Are we there yet? TV show as well.

I was younger when the case was going on, so I remember the players but not really the details surrounding the trial.

Marcia Clark smoking a cig in every other scene :skip:

Rob Kardishian constantly having the befuddled look :dwillhuh:

Travolta clearing the room and giving O.J. the :leostare: on more than one occasion.

Can already tell Courtney B. Vance is going to kill it as Johnny Cochran.