The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I don't like that this is based on a book and the guy is a consultant on the show.

We've had enough TV specials based on OJ books. It takes away from the suspense when the author believes he was guilty and got off because of the race card.

Whether true or not...I thought this would be one of the series where we ask if he really did it or not. (Even if we already have our opinions on it already) I thought Ryan Murphy was going to take everything we knew or thought we knew about this case and kinda turn it on its head.

Don't get me wrong. Its really good. But it does seem a bit by the numbers.

Then again, its just the first episode. So maybe they will :yeshrug:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I had no plan on watching this. But seeing how much this was being talked about on social media this week & plus I was a kid when this going on. I feel like I gotta watch it,

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Nah breh no comparison.
Never said it was comparable just said it was huge, over here we had an interactive service so we could watch all of the trial like it was reality tv or something it was bananas

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Alan Dershowitz on Fox News right now talking about the trial, pretty interesting insight. Marcia Clark was warned to not put Mark Fuhrman on the stand :leon:
and they told darden NOT to have OJ try on the glove

they fukked that case up a million different ways

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don't like that this is based on a book and the guy is a consultant on the show.

We've had enough TV specials based on OJ books. It takes away from the suspense when the author believes he was guilty and got off because of the race card.

Whether true or not...I thought this would be one of the series where we ask if he really did it or not. (Even if we already have our opinions on it already) I thought Ryan Murphy was going to take everything we knew or thought we knew about this case and kinda turn it on its head.

Don't get me wrong. Its really good. But it does seem a bit by the numbers.

Then again, its just the first episode. So maybe they will :yeshrug:
surprisingly they have been going off facts most of the way so far

so if you're watching this and thinking it makes OJ look guilty... well :patrice:

they never actually show him doing anything that night but going to the car at a time.. which he admitted... kato admitted to the noise... they had the blood and the glove.. he did fail a lie detector.. he did have the cut.. he did go on the run.. he did make those police statements

but they haven't shown him doing anything to say he did it, nor shown the police do anything to set him up

the conclusions you came up with so far, are on your own :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Sit down, man. Sure he was still a C-List celeb. Kinda like Rodman now.

No he wasn't. He was the main commentator on the pre shows and this was before all the other pre show shyt popped up all over and before fantasy gaming etc.. so when it was Sunday afternoon and the entire nation was getting ready to watch football it was OJ Simpson who they saw and he would be involved in different types of segments where he'd show off his charisma, he was like Deion is now but instead of being on the NFL Network he was on one of two major networks covering the shyt.

You throw in the commercials and the movies and the hall of fame career and the college career and he was a main figure in the public eye for like three decades. That's way above Rodman status.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Never said it was comparable just said it was huge, over here we had an interactive service so we could watch all of the trial like it was reality tv or something it was bananas
Granted mj is the biggest superstar ever but it didn't feel as big. The bashir thing was huge but then it felt like "oh mj is touching kids again :patrice:"

But what do i know I was too busy playing halo 2 online, which speaks to my point of there being more distractions these days.

We get outraged for a day or 2 then something else in the 24/7 news cycle takes over

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
No he wasn't. He was the main commentator on the pre shows and this was before all the other pre show shyt popped up all over and before fantasy gaming etc.. so when it was Sunday afternoon and the entire nation was getting ready to watch football it was OJ Simpson who they saw and he would be involved in different types of segments where he'd show off his charisma, he was like Deion is now but instead of being on the NFL Network he was on one of two major networks covering the shyt.

You throw in the commercials and the movies and the hall of fame career and the college career and he was a main figure in the public eye for like three decades. That's way above Rodman status.

I watched Football every Sunday. No recollection of OJ. Not saying he wasn't there. I probably won't remember Shannon Sharpe's commentary gig in 15 years either but it happened.

If I said he was Deion Sanders' level of post playing career celebrity would it appease you? Jesus fukking Christ.

You think OJ ever had a dictator on speed dial? Rodman does.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched Football every Sunday. No recollection of OJ. Not saying he wasn't there. I probably won't remember Shannon Sharpe's commentary gig in 15 years either but it happened.

If I said he was Deion Sanders' level of post playing career celebrity would it appease you? Jesus fukking Christ.

You think OJ ever had a dictator on speed dial? Rodman does.

I really don't think you paid much attention to the 80's or 90's in general.... how can you NOT recall OJ as a sports commentator???