The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Personally, he was the weakest in last nights episode. So far it is looking like a miscast. He lacks OJ's charisma and comes off as very whiny. But personally, it's mainly his voice that puts me off to him having the role. His voice is too high pitched to be a convincing OJ :ehh:
they really shoulda gone with an unknown actor for that part tbh....

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, if Dennis Rodman was the prime suspect in the murder of his ex wife and led police on a high speed chase on a freeway in LOS ANGELES it wouldn't be a circus?

I knew this series was going to bring out the doofuses.

I barely remember OJ being a commentator and I'm elderly. You know who's a commentator right now? Reggie Miller. Reggie Miller couldn't get arrested walking down the street at the moment.

Why you only single out just the commentating? And not the fact he had other things going on. Was Reggie Miller still doing commercials? Was Reggie Miller ever featured in a movie? There's NEVER been a murder case on a celebrity level like this before EVER and haven't been SINCE.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every news station in the world would break into a playoff game if Chet Haze was in a police chase.

Exactly... I specifically remember them pausing the KNICKS game over this...that's how huge of a deal it was. And then later they split screen the game and the chase at the same time.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Why you only single out just the commentating? And not the fact he had other things going on. Was Reggie Miller still doing commercials? Was Reggie Miller ever featured in a movie? There's NEVER been a murder case on a celebrity level like this before EVER and haven't been SINCE.

The racial component was a driving factor. The country was a racial powder keg. Ya know, kinda like now (except not even close for real) hence FX taking advantage with this series.

And if you look at my previous posts, I pointed out what he was still mostly known for (Hertz/Naked Gun). My entire point in this retarded exchange is to refute that other guys claim that fukkin' Orenthal James Simpson was Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson level celebrity. He wasn't. At all. Not even close. He was MAYBE Charles Barkley status but even that's pushing it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The racial component was a driving factor. The country was a racial powder keg. Ya know, kinda like now (except not even close for real) hence FX taking advantage with this series.

And if you look at my previous posts, I pointed out what he was still mostly known for (Hertz/Naked Gun). My entire point in this retarded exchange is to refute that other guys claim that fukkin' Orenthal James Simpson was Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson level celebrity. He wasn't. At all. Not even close. He was MAYBE Charles Barkley status but even that's pushing it.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Travolta is good in this. He looks weird as fukk tho

rs_1024x759-150514124840-1024-jon-travolta-robert-shapiro.ls.51415_copy.jpg

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nah. OJ stayed in the spotlight. He retired in '79, but had been in a bunch of movies by that point - including Roots - and went on to be in all those commercials and Naked Gun movies. He had an extensive movie resume, even before he retired, and was a sports commentator. Everyone knew OJ on sight. Not even a little bit comparable to Rodman.

Agreed, not to mention OJ was the face of the National Football League during his playing days...as great as Rodman was he was nowhere near OJ's stature in the NBA.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Agreed, not to mention OJ was the face of the National Football League during his playing days...as great as Rodman was he was nowhere near OJ's stature in the NBA.

Except that the NBA of the 90's with MJ took sports fandom to unprecedented heights and Rodman was a sideshow freak along for that ride with dyed hair, wedding dresses, piercings, Carmen Elektra and was arguably the GOAT rebounder the league ever saw.

In terms of sheer celebrity, The Worm was huge. OJ was doing commercials and sleezing around hollywood.