The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story

2ndFiend

Rookie
Daps
OJ was Bo Jackson, Kevin Durant, etc status back in the day. He was a level lower than what LeBron, Kobe and Jordan are. Dude was in movies and not just movies for us he was doing Naked Gun, on tv shows, executive produced some shows, and was doing Hertz commercials at a time when they we're BIGGER than Enterprise for car rentals. OJ was that nikka and was probably one of the first nikkaz who was accepted into the White community...matter of fact, take away what I said about him being a level lower than Jordan and them, at that time he was on their level because they weren't there yet...he was on a level all by himself when you spoke about the Black athlete... dude was Joe Namath status back in the day

A lot of younger fonts can't wrap their minds around this. He wasn't competing with other athletes, rappers, singers and actors for the top spot.

From his USC days, thru the 70s and 80s, OJ was huge. Not as surly as Jim Brown. More articulate than the other black athletes. He was that smiley, handsome, happy go lucky go to niqqa, accepted by yt America.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
@Big Mel you trippin OJ was that nikka back in the day. I can agree he was King Of Pop status was at his time he was Jordan level. Every athlete falls off once they're retired...wtf is Jordan doing right now? Casual fans don't know he owns that Charlotte squad...they remember him from his playing days, his Haynes commercials and whatever else he is doing...same thing with OJ after he retired...there was a reason this was the first trial broadcast on television, it had teachers in school tuning in like it was movie day, this shyt took over the country. nikkaz kill CAC's everyday and vice versa but a it's not an athlete known around the world who does it. Look at the Rae Carruth trial and this...there is a reason it was bigger and it's not because of the race of who was murdered

2ndFiend

Rookie
Daps
Except that the NBA of the 90's with MJ took sports fandom to unprecedented heights and Rodman was a sideshow freak along for that ride with dyed hair, wedding dresses, piercings, Carmen Elektra and was arguably the GOAT rebounder the league ever saw.

In terms of sheer celebrity, The Worm was huge. OJ was doing commercials and sleezing around hollywood.

Nobody is saying he was as famous as he used to be at he time of the murders. He was out of the white hot celeb spotlight by then.

It would be as if Jack Nicholson was suddenly accused of a double homicide. He's out of the spotlight now. But it would be huge because he's still famous, still known by everyone and used to be a major force.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
@Big Mel you trippin OJ was that nikka back in the day. I can agree he was King Of Pop status was at his time he was Jordan level. Every athlete falls off once they're retired...wtf is Jordan doing right now? Casual fans don't know he owns that Charlotte squad...they remember him from his playing days, his Haynes commercials and whatever else he is doing...same thing with OJ after he retired...there was a reason this was the first trial broadcast on television, it had teachers in school tuning in like it was movie day, this shyt took over the country. nikkaz kill CAC's everyday and vice versa but a it's not an athlete known around the world who does it. Look at the Rae Carruth trial and this...there is a reason it was bigger and it's not because of the race of who was murdered

I've been referring to his celeb status in 1994-5 this whole time. If the intent was his playing days then that's a different story but you're out of your tree if you think he was ever sniffin' either of the MJ's.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
and no OJ was never on MJ level
barely known outside the US
but I do remember watching the news mentionning the trial as a youngin (10 yrs old)

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
and no OJ was never on MJ level
barely known outside the US
but I do remember watching the news mentionning the trial as a youngin (10 yrs old)

Yeah I had only known of him from the Naked Gun TBH. MJ of course was known all over the world.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Show is definitely on GOAT level
much better than american horror story

I wonder if they'll do the Kobe Bryant case for next season
Kobe got out of that almost flawless way more people were caping for him than OJ although it is rape vs murder

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I was impressed with this.....Very solid/strong acting, I read mixed reviews on Travolta as Shapiro, but I liked it, and thought it worked. I haven't liked much Cuba has ever done, but he is very good here, his personification of OJ is narcisstic, egotistical, full of rage and also charm....Even liked David Shwimmer as Kardahasian, I think the less they (the kids) are filmed the better, though I see the point they are making. Kato Kaelin and AC are on point and if you grew up watching the SNL skits in the mid 90's, you can't help but laugh almost whenever they are on screen.....Marcia Clark comes off as princpaled, yet flawed, and not entirely sympathetic....Cochran is a very measured performance too, by Vance, overall I liked it...and find very little fault in the first episode.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I was impressed with this.....Very solid/strong acting, I read mixed reviews on Travolta as Shapiro, but I liked it, and thought it worked. I haven't liked much Cuba has ever done, but he is very good here, his personification of OJ is narcisstic, egotistical, full of rage and also charm....Even liked David Shwimmer as Kardahasian, though I think the less they are filmed the better, though I see the point they are making. Kato Kaelin and AC are on point and if you grew up watching the SNL skits in the mid 90's, you can't help but laugh almost whenever they are on screen.....Marcia Clark comes off as princpaled, yet flawed, and not entirely sympathetic....Cochran is a very measured performance too, by Vance, overall I liked it...and find very little fault in the first episode.
is she suppose to be? I always found her to be a shark, feminist and cacs are going to root for her regardless for the sole fact she led the charge to bring him down