The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Trips

Superstar
Daps
She was looking aight pre-Arkham and in that green/yellow dress.

But damn, she caught like 12 bodies in one night from her own family.
tumblr_inline_pfo94hwWeY1rzeary_250.gifv

:yeshrug:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Would Oz trade Vic for his own life? Of course, but all signs point to Oz having legitimate love for Vic because he sees a younger him
That's not legitimate love. Oz has sympathy for Vic but he doesn't love Vic. Oz had sympathy for Sophia but he did her dirty twice. Oz doesn't love anyone but himself

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I noticed the director and writer for the most recent episode were women, good writing and direction trumps all, you don’t need to destroy the source material to write good female stories.
That's all the fukk nikkas been trying to say and still get hit with the "you hate women" tag:russ:

Notice it's mostly men that watch this show and the episode is damn near universally praised and there's basically unanimous sympathy for Sophia. That's good writing at work right there:wow:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
That's all the fukk nikkas been trying to say and still get hit with the "you hate women" tag:russ:

Notice it's mostly men that watch this show and the episode is damn near universally praised and there's basically unanimous sympathy for Sophia. That's good writing at work right there:wow:
Folks went way too far with that shyt. I'm as progressive as they come, raised by women, two sisters, girlfriend with a PH.D. I love smart, empowered women...I don't like pandering trash writing like the acolyte. Plenty of female driven media has been successful and it always comes down to good writing. Look at Rogue One, female lead, great writing, considered the best Disney star wars they made. Mare of Easttown w/Kate Winslet, Alien w/Sigourney Weaver. Terminator w/Linda Hamilton. A tale as old as time.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She hit him with the

“ what are u doing inside?? :dahell:

If I had felt guilty about snitching on her to Falcone,that wouldve made me have zero regrets.

"What you doing in the house:mjpls:"

That along with what she said about nobody caring what he thinks,and hes just a driver? Dont see why Penguin owed her his loyalty. Plus,hes not the one who set her up anyway. She was only pretending to be kind becauase he was a cripple. But she showed her true colors to him in those two interactions.

And yes this show is better than The Batman like I knew it would be:wow:. Penguin performance was the main highlight of the movie to me. But,we can downplay the fact that character development and acting does matter if yall would like.

And sure,obviously you can do that BETTER on a t.v show. But doesnt give you a pass for failing to do it in a movie. The acting of the main characters just wasnt up to par. Penguin was great,and Falcone stood out without overdoing it in that movie.

With that said,hopefully this show can help set up for a good 2nd Batman.