The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
That ain't how it works though lol.... Two different things. 'Joker 2' got a large budget and greenlit because 'Joker' made over $1 billion at the box office on a $70M budget. They were going to give Todd Phillips whatever he wanted for a sequel. They could lose the $200M outright and still be millions ahead on that particular franchise.

With 'The Penguin' it's a TV show on HBO Max. The first season of TV shows on any platform are going to be watched very closely on engagement especially if it has a budget and this one does. But TV budgets aren't the same as film budgets. This has been a massive success for HBO so far both in terms of viewership and critically.

But, the plan is for it to be the bridge to 'The Batman II.' Under normal circumstances they would green light a second season but Colin has said that he doesn't want to be in a make up chair for 7 hours a day anymore so we'll see. What I think could happen though is WBD will give Matt Reeves an opportunity to produce more TV shows. To this point, the movie and the TV show are both successes so Matt Reeves can probably do what he wants at this point.
I was :troll: but the money would have better spent wit reeves… joker 2 seemed like a sure win.. :mjlol:

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
I’m surprised grown adults still care about marvel movies that shyt is so g rated to me. Nothing compares to Batman. And if they do the coming dc shyt right they could make some crazy shyt that’s for adults and thrillers in the next years coming.

Last edited:

Mazino

All Star
Daps
Sofia bossed the fukk up, they deserved it all :wow:

She was looking delectable in that yellow dress dayum

Oz is such a scumbag, the way he was begging for his life dribbling all over himself :scust:

Militoni carried that episode on her back, she's killing that role and looking good whilst doing it :whew:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't realize Sofia was carrying like that.

Every clue seems to indicate Oz is gonna fukk over Vic by the end of the show.
People keep saying this about Vic and I don't get those clues at all. I think people are missing why Oz took Vic under his wing in the first place

Oz was about to kill Vic until he noticed that stutter. This was very intentional by the writers. Oz, a man who's gone through life with a disability, sees Vic, a bum kid with a disability, and sees himself

We know Oz is a slimy piece of shyt but look at his behavior towards Vic over these few episodes. Remember last episode when he snapped at the waiter for cutting Vic off for stuttering? Then telling him "don't let people treat you that way"? Remember him going off on Vic in the bathroom for Vic thinking he couldn't leave? Oz was legit hurt by that shyt. Vic has been to his mamas house breh

So yea Oz is not to be trusted but there's no indication of him wanting or trying to fukk Vic over, especially after giving him a free pass out the game. Would Oz trade Vic for his own life? Of course, but all signs point to Oz having legitimate love for Vic because he sees a younger him

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
People keep saying this about Vic and I don't get those clues at all. I think people are missing why Oz took Vic under his wing in the first place

Oz was about to kill Vic until he noticed that stutter. This was very intentional by the writers. Oz, a man who's gone through life with a disability, sees Vic, a bum kid with a disability, and sees himself

We know Oz is a slimy piece of shyt but look at his behavior towards Vic over these few episodes. Remember last episode when he snapped at the waiter for cutting Vic off for stuttering? Then telling him "don't let people treat you that way"? Remember him going off on Vic in the bathroom for Vic thinking he couldn't leave? Oz was legit hurt by that shyt. Vic has been to his mamas house breh

So yea Oz is not to be trusted but there's no indication of him wanting or trying to fukk Vic over, especially after giving him a free pass out the game. Would Oz trade Vic for his own life? Of course, but all signs point to Oz having legitimate love for Vic because he sees a younger him
So Vic either ends up on his way to California or in the dirt after Penguin flips on him huh :patrice:

Give the streets a W man :sadcam:
:hubie:

Daps
They did Sophia DIRTY.

We’re gonna place you in isolation 24/7; no visitors because I want to observe you free of any distractions or interference.

:hula:

Oh, but we’ll let you interact with the nuttiest people in the city while you eat. That won’t have any material effect on our observations.
:troll:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Sophia in that yellow dress
omg-leonardo-di-caprio.gif