daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GZ0PYUrXoAcStgA
GZ0TLnLXcAAgs8Q

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They spent 200 mill on joker when that same money could have gotten us another few seasons of this piff :beli:

That ain't how it works though lol.... Two different things. 'Joker 2' got a large budget and greenlit because 'Joker' made over $1 billion at the box office on a $70M budget. They were going to give Todd Phillips whatever he wanted for a sequel. They could lose the $200M outright and still be millions ahead on that particular franchise.

With 'The Penguin' it's a TV show on HBO Max. The first season of TV shows on any platform are going to be watched very closely on engagement especially if it has a budget and this one does. But TV budgets aren't the same as film budgets. This has been a massive success for HBO so far both in terms of viewership and critically.

But, the plan is for it to be the bridge to 'The Batman II.' Under normal circumstances they would green light a second season but Colin has said that he doesn't want to be in a make up chair for 7 hours a day anymore so we'll see. What I think could happen though is WBD will give Matt Reeves an opportunity to produce more TV shows. To this point, the movie and the TV show are both successes so Matt Reeves can probably do what he wants at this point.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait I thought this was supposed to take place before The Batman (2022) movie? I can't remember the movie that well but it had those floods like in the flashbacks of episode 3.

Wasn't the penguin a well established mob boss in the movie? :dahell: He's on the come up in this show but ep3 seems like the show take place after the movie.
Come on breh at least try to pay attention:mjlol:

Penguin takes place about two weeks after the Batman. So Carmine dies, then not even a month later his son is dead now all them nikkas dead:mjlol:

Oz was never a big time boss. If you go back and watch The Batman he wasn't even respected then

Look at what Batman says to him at 1:39

Then look at how Oz reacts. The lack of respect is a huge trigger point with him. That's what makes him so shytty. Think about when he called Carmine a rat then Carmine laughed at him on some ":mjlol: oh you a big man now huh?" Oz was about to shoot him for that. Why did Oz shoot Alberto? For laughing at him

The continuity:wow: