The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Wait I thought this was supposed to take place before The Batman (2022) movie? I can't remember the movie that well but it had those floods like in the flashbacks of episode 3.

Wasn't the penguin a well established mob boss in the movie? :dahell: He's on the come up in this show but ep3 seems like the show take place after the movie.
no breh have you not been paying attention? this is the lead-in to The Batman Pt. 2. Penguin was and still is currently a capo (captain, leads a crew, makes money), he not even made

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
The guy who plays Vic says that nobody will like Oz by the end of the series. I love that decision. The Penguin is supposed to be contemptible.

He is a fat fukking crook from New Jers….I mean Gotham. He should be likable enough as most sociopaths are but not too much where it diminishes his criminal acts

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About The Batman... you have to remember it's only been a few weeks since The Riddler tragedy and half the city got flooded. He's likely out there doing humanitarian things which allows some criminals to act with impunity
Yup. And the show is really emphasizing how big Gotham really is.

I’m sure it’s a bunch of criminals doing wild shyt. Two mob families taking each other out probably not high on Batman’s list to handle.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems she started off as an innocent player in all this. Still, even as a child and younger woman she had to know her family was involved in shady things.
I’m sure she did. But finding out your pops was strangling women is next level. Even more so when you realize he did your mom like that.