The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Penguin is an opportunist. Or survivalist. Whatever term fits best. There's a drive for power with him, I just don't see it as THE preeminent part of his character.

I'm not sure what to make of Sofia just yet.

It seems she started off as an innocent player in all this. Still, even as a child and younger woman she had to know her family was involved in shady things. She suffered a tremendous betrayal. If what she's after is revenge, she already got it (well, there's 1 person left for her to get). So I'm interested to see where the rest of her path leads. Even though her father said she was more capable of running the family, it didn't seem like she aggressively WANTED it. But I guess she's the Grand Poobah now.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Yoooo recasting Carmine Falcon was fukking JARRING, dude :russ: had me tripping out. That was Mark Strong?! Why not just throw Turrturo a lil extra cash for 5 minutes of footage?!

Anyways, I know we’re not getting Batman in this show, and that’s fine, I get these guys don’t want to indulge Marvel-esque cameos..but come on. If the murder of Falcone’s son isn’t enough to draw The Bat’s attention, then the mass murder of his whole family has to be.
I liked him better than Turrturo, honestly. He's more physically imposing.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Too busy to knock out 6 minutes of screen time? Meh, sounds like bullshyt
Nah, it's not.
We mightive got 6min of screen time, but that shyt couldve took half a day to shoot or shot over several days depending on the schedule. There's also a chance Carmine is in other shyt throughout the season.
For all we know w/e other project he was working on had shoots outside the country while this was filmed in new york.
This got done filming in April. Severance got done filming in February. There was a lot of bts drama on severance so he probably didnt have time to to do the two and he is one of the main characters in Severance.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The guy who plays Vic says that nobody will like Oz by the end of the series. I love that decision. The Penguin is supposed to be contemptible.
Bro you can see it already. He’s a monster, and everybody keeps playing him like he ain’t cause he is fat and limps. It’s survival over everything with him, and he’s come up.
The Penguin is an opportunist. Or survivalist. Whatever term fits best. There's a drive for power with him, I just don't see it as THE preeminent part of his character.

I'm not sure what to make of Sofia just yet.

It seems she started off as an innocent player in all this. Still, even as a child and younger woman she had to know her family was involved in shady things. She suffered a tremendous betrayal. If what she's after is revenge, she already got it (well, there's 1 person left for her to get). So I'm interested to see where the rest of her path leads. Even though her father said she was more capable of running the family, it didn't seem like she aggressively WANTED it. But I guess she's the Grand Poobah now.
Nah she wants to see them Drugs and without Penguin (who she was smart not to tell the family what he killed Alberto because how could she without ruining her own plans) she needs Nitty to get in line as her underboss for the deal to go through. Nitty loathes her though so it might not work.

The thing though is she just made herself the only person penguin has to take out to control the whole thing. The use of Victor and Sofia as narrative devices is top tier. Gunn needs to throw the bag at all the creatives on this shyt.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
SERIOUSLY!!!! He killed the mom and them girls!

Poor Sophia. She was too green to realize she needed to meet the reporter by herself (without Oz) and not say shyt about her mother’s death to her father. THAT’s what made him throw her in the jail.
Remember in the movie when he tried to do the same to Selena.. and even said “just like your mother “ :francis:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too busy to knock out 6 minutes of screen time? Meh, sounds like bullshyt
Entitled ass nikkas man:mjlol: You don't know what the fukk Tuturro got going on to have turned the show down

6 minutes of screen time could be 2 days of shooting for all you know. This nikka could be doing a movie right now, with an entirely different look and schedule and he's supposed to stop all that and fly out to shoot Penguin to make Return Of The Jedi happy:mjlol:

Last edited: