The Penguin - HBO Max The Batman Spinoff

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally caught up (rewatched The Batman and the first two episodes) and this show is straight piff :ohlawd:

Anybody else expecting Oz to kill Vic by season’s end?? I just got a strong feeling he ain’t gonna make it.

Im rooting for Vic but not sure what Penguin sees that has him giving him all of these important jobs:pachaha:

Daps
I must be in the minority because this is underwhelming as hell, at least so far.

Not that I expected some great in-depth character study, but too much of Ozwald's machinations are lathered in mob spectacle, rather than as a standalone that is centered around his lore, which is really only sporadically told through maternal interactions (and even then they're too shallow to carry any emotional weight). Which is only made worse by it having no more than a dark and explicit aesthetic, and not something that is raw and unfiltered.

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
this is great, Colin ferrells on his way to the top. He was always a dope actor but I think this will put em in the next level. I feel like we about to get a classic masterpiece series here.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Man I don’t know why I can’t get fully into this. I think all the actors are amazing and I fully understand why y’all would like it. Maybe I’m just waiting to get more into the shows plot. I figure the third one will be the one that gets me. I heard the riddler mention. Can’t wait to see where they go with this still

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Like we talked about earlier,them not mentioning Batman is starting to become a glaring ommission already. I figured the people on the radio were going to mention Batman when they were talking about the jump in crime and the chaos in the city. Instead the "Hangman" is more infamous than a guy running around in a bat costume who allegedly helped save the city. How is he still not impactful at this point?
The less batman the better.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
#thepenguinedit from Animus Rox
#thepenguinedit from Animus Rox
i%27ve-been-rehabilitated-sofia-falcone.gif

She nuts but attractive as a mufukka :steviej:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
this is great, Colin ferrells on his way to the top. He was always a dope actor but I think this will put em in the next level. I feel like we about to get a classic masterpiece series here.
He's pretty self-aware too. Read an interview he admitted he was never the leading man/action hero they tried to pigeonhole into.