The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Why do you need to upgrade then? Is the shyt just too old or something? You can dual boot into windows with that shyt no problem.

What about
Acer Aspire E 11 ES1-111M-C40S 11.6-Inch Laptop?

Truth be told, I don't think I have enough space for dual boot. I also don't want that crapware near thy OS X. My major also requires us to use Windows

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What about
Acer Aspire E 11 ES1-111M-C40S 11.6-Inch Laptop?

Truth be told, I don't think I have enough space for dual boot. I also don't want that crapware near thy OS X. My major also requires us to use Windows
That's about as bare bones as it gets, but if you just need it to run c++ or Java, anything will pretty much work.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got this weird issue where sometimes while I'm gaming I'll press a key and the game will alt tab out to a small box that has some text input. I don't know what the fukk is doing that.

jbpKu8O6sQBdDM.png

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
What's a good virus protection program??

I caped so hard for BitDefender but it's gotten so many false positives lately it's :beli: status. If you can get a key for Kaspersky it's the only other one I'd recommend.

About to try Avira now though. Got the best ratings in the last AV test. :leon:

Also I'll share my program site with you gents.

http://www.nsanedown.com/

I've linked it before but it really is the place to get software. :ehh:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I caped so hard for BitDefender but it's gotten so many false positives lately it's :beli: status. If you can get a key for Kaspersky it's the only other one I'd recommend.

About to try Avira now though. Got the best ratings in the last AV test. :leon:

Also I'll share my program site with you gents.

http://www.nsanedown.com/

I've linked it before but it really is the place to get software. :ehh:

can you tell me more about this site?
pm me if you'd rather tell me that way.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
don't sleep on Besiege

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346010/

shyt's a pretty fun physics sim with catapults and shyt. it's 'early access' with not a lot of content, but it's also only $7. it's a lot of fun if you like to build shyt and watch it fail :heh:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I got this weird issue where sometimes while I'm gaming I'll press a key and the game will alt tab out to a small box that has some text input. I don't know what the fukk is doing that.

jbpKu8O6sQBdDM.png
Is that a disc icon? Maybe it has something to do with a pirated game? I assume you've already done a malwarebytes scan. If not, do that.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
To the Moon is only $2.49 on steam right now. It is such a great game. I can't recommend it enough. The story is so good and emotional; shyt will literally make you cry :to: You can't say that about many things (at least I can't). It is so, so good.

To_the_Moon-poster2.png

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
To the Moon is only $2.49 on steam right now. It is such a great game. I can't recommend it enough. The story is so good and emotional; shyt will literally make you cry :to: You can't say that about many things (at least I can't). It is so, so good.

To_the_Moon-poster2.png

came across this in an article a while ago and was always curious about it. gonna download it tonight and give it a try this weekend.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
That's about as bare bones as it gets, but if you just need it to run c++ or Java, anything will pretty much work.

I haven't used a PC in years. So I know a lot has change especially in the netbook/chromebook space. Would I always need to be connected to the internet to use the Acer?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I haven't used a PC in years. So I know a lot has change especially in the netbook/chromebook space. Would I always need to be connected to the internet to use the Acer?
It runs 8.1 out of the box, so I doubt it. I couldn't find anything about it needing to be online at all times. shyt only has 32gb of hd space though (half of which is used by the os) and 2gb of ram. You're not doing much on this laptop other than basic office shyt and programming. If that's all you need, then I say buy it. Personally, I'd spend a bit more and get a better laptop, but that's me...:manny: