The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Whatever is cheapest.....I can figure shyt out if I need to put together again. It's been a long while, but it's gotta be easier nowadays.

I used to fukk with pricewatch heavy.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jZBQgs

That's for around 730. Before rebates if you really wanna take off 100 dollars you could go AMD on the processor, but the upgrade path on that is limited, which I'm learning now the hard way.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Who was the breh in this thread that was getting high gpu temps at idle?

I'm having the same issue and its traced back to \AppData\Roaming\Vso\CODEXi/steam

whenever I close the "steam" file in task manager the temps go back down to 30 celsius :dahell:

is this a virus or sumthing?

:lupe:
He was getting high cpu temps, not gpu. I dunno why you're getting high gpu temps with that though. Very strange. If anything it should be the cpu that is heating up.

Run malware bytes.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I'm having the same issue and its traced back to \AppData\Roaming\Vso\CODEXi/steam

whenever I close the "steam" file in task manager the temps go back down to 30 celsius :dahell:

VSO makes software like "ConvertXtoDVD"

it could be something else malicious hiding in there. run malwarebytes :lupe:

it also might be something trying to benchmark your card. if you're getting high temps, something is stressing your card

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC

why is the last slash foward?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
@daze23 @Ciggavelli @Orbital-Fetus @Liquid @The Fukin Prophecy @itsyoung!!

I need a compact sized like PC that I can travel with. I got a project coming up next month in Europe or Australia that'll have me out there 4/5 weeks at a time, come home a week, and go back.

Steambox sized or whatever. I can't be out there scrugglin. :mjcry:

600 tops.
it'a gonna be hard to have your cake and eat it, with that size, price, and performance target

the alienware is real small, but kinda weak sauce, and you can't change the gpu. it's a shame Valve never released their case, because it was a nice size and fit a full sized gpu. that cyberpowerpc that @Ciggavelli linked to might be your best bet. although IMO that case is ugly :scusthov: I also don't know much about the AMD cpu's it comes with

I would suggest spending a little more and building your own. but I'm no sure how small you want it, and I know those small cases can be a pain to build in

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
it'a gonna be hard to have your cake and eat it, with that size, price, and performance target

the alienware is real small, but kinda weak sauce, and you can't change the gpu. it's a shame Valve never released their case, because it was a nice size and fit a full sized gpu. that cyberpowerpc that @Ciggavelli linked to might be your best bet. although IMO that case is ugly :scusthov: I also don't know much about the AMD cpu's it comes with

I would suggest spending a little more and building your own. but I'm no sure how small you want it, and I know those small cases can be a pain to build in
What Valve case?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
And yeah @Rekkapryde

It will all depend on how small you want this? We don't have access to mobile chips that easily which makes it difficult. I am starting to think that the only possible way to get decent gaming performance in a very tiny Mini-ITX case might be a Kaveri based APU with a low profile card to run dual graphics.

You can also go Intel, but it will be hard to hit that $600 target in something so small

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
What Valve case?
gspyvk6puhn4ibeozkft.jpg

valve-steam-box-ifixit-teardown-open-540x334.jpg

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Damn how did I miss that @daze23

Still has a release date or scrapped? I saw the controller of course.
Valve is just doing the OS and the controller. that case was just for their prototypes

the controller has also changed since back then. they were trying to add face buttons and maybe a d-pad. rumor has it it's been 'finalized', but we haven't seen it's final form yet

I think it was the OS that really put everything on hold though. we'll probably hear more on all this at the next electronics/gaming event (GDC in march?)

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
He was getting high cpu temps, not gpu. I dunno why you're getting high gpu temps with that though. Very strange. If anything it should be the cpu that is heating up.

Run malware bytes.

Run malware bytes.

yea i ran malwarebtyes and it detected that steam file as a virus

shyts straight now but im wondering how that shyt even got on my shyt in the first place :dahell:

either way, I'm good now..GPU temps sitting at 28 celsius right now

thanks guys

:salute:

Who was the ninja that was getting high cpu temps tho? (I don't remember none of u nikkas unless u got a unique avi)

Did he ever figure out what was the cause? might have been the same shyt

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yea i ran malwarebtyes and it detected that steam file as a virus

shyts straight now but im wondering how that shyt even got on my shyt in the first place :dahell:

either way, I'm good now..GPU temps sitting at 28 celsius right now

thanks guys

:salute:

Who was the ninja that was getting high cpu temps tho? (I don't remember none of u nikkas unless u got a unique avi)

Did he ever figure out what was the cause? might have been the same shyt

Steam gave me several trojans according to my McAfee. I can't even play the games, cuz McAfee quarantines the file immediately as I download it. I never knew what was up with that, but I thought it was a bit strange.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
@daze23 @Ciggavelli @Orbital-Fetus @Liquid @The Fukin Prophecy @itsyoung!!

I need a compact sized like PC that I can travel with. I got a project coming up next month in Europe or Australia that'll have me out there 4/5 weeks at a time, come home a week, and go back.

Steambox sized or whatever. I can't be out there scrugglin. :mjcry:

600 tops.

:heh: the person who can help you out most with this you aint even tag :leon:

its aight bruh , I got you :youngsabo:

@2gunsup help a bruh out :salute: (if you around :lupe: )