The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It still is today...

If you don't use commandlines you can't run the game above minimal options (800x600) on current hardware...:smh:

The game was worth every penny on PC though because the modding community saved it...

I'm still playing it, been testing this French Riviera map out with CJ da gawd...

f580om.png
I think all those problems and backlash are why they never released RDR on the PC :to:

That's my favorite game they ever made :to:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wasn't really into PC gaming back in 2009. I played a few games here and there but I wasn't really into it.
Hopefully they can get the game running smooth on a good range of systems. I really want to play GTA V again but playing it on PS4 isn't doing anything for me. I need that pristine image quality at 60fps.
I have a feeling you're gonna wish you kept that i5 breh. These open world games are CPU hogs. GTA IV definitely was.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I think all those problems and backlash are why they never released RDR on the PC :to:

That's my favorite game they ever made :to:
I doubt that's the reason...

They released LA Noire right after IV...That game is open world and uses the RAGE engine just like RDR and GTA...

RDR is the only game they haven't released on PC yet but they never said they wouldn't release it...What's also interesting is there is a rumor picking up a lot of steam that there will be a RDR remastered version for the quad, larry box and PC...That is supposed to be dropping in March...

If true I will be copping RDR with the quickness the moment it hits steam...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a feeling you're gonna wish you kept that i5 breh. These open world games are CPU hogs. GTA IV definitely was
I couldn't keep it at the time due to an immediate financial situation. I fukked up though because when I brought it back and got the Pentium G3258 again, I forgot to add warranty to it. Now if I upgrade I'm missing out on that $60 or so bucks off I would've gotten from returning my pentium.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I couldn't keep it at the time due to an immediate financial situation. I fukked up though because when I brought it back and got the Pentium G3258 again, I forgot to add warranty to it. Now if I upgrade I'm missing out on that $60 or so bucks off I would've gotten from returning my pentium.
:mjcry:

I think you're gonna have to bite the bullet and eat that $60. I'm pretty sure you're not gonna be able to run GTA V well on that pentium. I'd almost be willing to bet on it (but I never bet though, on principle)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anybody else with Skyrim on here?? I'm having a weird problem. I tried to play Skyrim yesterday and I usually launch SKSE launcher since it's needed to activate the mods but it told me I needed to update my Skyrim to the latest version which is 1.9.32 on Steam. I check my Steam version and it's only 1.9.31...

I've tried verifying the game cache integrity and making sure my updates are set to always but I cannot seem to get this update. I can't play Skyrim now. :wtf:

Edit: I got it. I switched Skyrim's language setting to Japanese in the game's properites(I'm learning Japanese) and the game downgraded to 1.9.31 but when I switched back to Engilsh it went to 1.9.32. Nevermind :wow:.

BUT I do have a problem with Dark Souls. I can't play it anymore. The game hangs at a black screen now when it's running the Steam version update. The GFWL version when used hangs but I can still hear the guide menu coming down.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Anybody else with Skyrim on here?? I'm having a weird problem. I tried to play Skyrim yesterday and I usually launch SKSE launcher since it's needed to activate the mods but it told me I needed to update my Skyrim to the latest version which is 1.9.32 on Steam. I check my Steam version and it's only 1.9.31...

I've tried verifying the game cache integrity and making sure my updates are set to always but I cannot seem to get this update. I can't play Skyrim now. :wtf:
not sure. I have 1.9.32

maybe delete the .exe and then verify the cache

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
now sure. I have 1.9.32

maybe delete the .exe and then verify the cache
Check the edit. Changing the steam game language in the properties downgrades the game. I got it to show 1.9.32.

Dark Souls though I have a problem with. Lemme snap a pic of the issue.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Check the edit. Changing the steam game language in the properties downgrades the game. I got it to show 1.9.32.

Dark Souls though I have a problem with. Lemme snap a pic of the issue.
are you using the Steam 2.0 version of DS?

iD3I0tA.png

edit: and there's a new version of dsfix if you're using that

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are you using the Steam 2.0 version of DS?

iD3I0tA.png

edit: and there's a new version of dsfix if you're using that
I'm checking it now. I did it as per the instructions. I started it up, signed in to GFWL and then quit but last night I wasn't even able to get into the main menu while GFWL was showing because the game kept hanging. I just loaded it up, signed into GFWL, loaded up my save and then quit the application. Now I restarted it and it has to update to the steam version I assume. I'm hoping it works. I also have the latest DSFIX ready to use. I made sure none of the files from dsfix2.2 is there.

Edit: Works now :win:. I don't know what I was doing wrong last night but it's good now. Now to just throw dsfix on and enjoy.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm checking it now. I did it as per the instructions. I started it up, signed in to GFWL and then quit but last night I wasn't even able to get into the main menu while GFWL was showing because the game kept hanging. I just loaded it up, signed into GFWL, loaded up my save and then quit the application. Now I restarted it and it has to update to the steam version I assume. I'm hoping it works. I also have the latest DSFIX ready to use. I made sure none of the files from dsfix2.2 is there.
yeah, I said fukk all that save transfer shyt, and just started over. I haven't installed GFWL on this PC and I'd like to keep it that way

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah, I said fukk all that save transfer shyt, and just started over. I haven't installed GFWL on this PC and I'd like to keep it that way
"fukk all that save transfer shyt"?? For THIS game?? :skip: Nah I'm not going through all those boss fights again :whew:

Man, is it me or did the latest dsfix/Steam patch do something that improved performance?? I haven't fired up Dark Souls in a while but I remember the framerate unlock feature not really being too good(Was never steady 60fps but more like 45-60fps) but just now the game was running at a steady 60fps. It didn't go down even when around enemies... I immediately felt like something was different.

Edit:
Yeah this screenshot I took months ago and my framerate was at 47 even though nothing was going on. I'm at the same area and my framerate is at 60fps pretty much locked. I even see screen tearing which I never noticed before.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
"fukk all that save transfer shyt"?? For THIS game?? :skip: Nah I'm not going through all those boss fights again :whew:

I never made it too far, plus I hadn't played for at least a year. when I take a long break from a game, I usually want to start over

Man, is it me or did the latest dsfix/Steam patch do something that improved performance?? I haven't fired up Dark Souls in a while but I remember the framerate unlock feature not really being too good(Was never steady 60fps but more like 45-60fps) but just now the game was running at a steady 60fps. It didn't go down even when around enemies... I immediately felt like something was different.

Edit:
Yeah this screenshot I took months ago and my framerate was at 47 even though nothing was going on. I'm at the same area and my framerate is at 60fps pretty much locked. I even see screen tearing which I never noticed before.
idk, it always ran pretty good for me. maybe GFWL was doing something to hold it back

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I put my HTPC away and replaced it with a Fire Stick and I really miss the option to browse the internet for movies on sites like Viooz and such

still I hardly ever watch movies so its not that big of a deal but it would be for someone else

I havent built systems in years but I remember it was always recommended to use your own thermal paste rather than the factory one, is that no longer the case?

i've installed 3 cpus over the years and i have not had a problem yet.