The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Them samples like $12 :whoa:.
lol I think I seen some cheaper. I'll look into it later. I guess you can always try them out at microcenter or whatever

there's also a bunch of videos that try to explain the difference between the different switches

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
um....yeah, clean your shyt out.
i clean the dust from the case fans once a month.
i clean the cpu, psu and gpu every 6 months.
you got filters? I'm all filtered up and it makes things much easier. I just clean the filters, and everything else stays pretty dust-free

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
you got filters? I'm all filtered up and it makes things much easier. I just clean the filters, and everything else stays pretty dust-free
i seen some dude on youtube use his sisters stockings as filters

and it actually worked.

:lupe:

anyway, does anyone know what tool this guy is using to blow all this dust? :ohhh:

I wanna cop

computer-dust-cleaning-1177624.gif

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
if you are PC gaming on the cutting edge then there will be problems.
the x60 nvidia series has done me very well.

i've had the 560ti and the 760 and they have not failed me.
I've been on the three monitor cutting edge since its inception with the 5870. It hasn't been this bad with broken games since I started this shyt. The fact that sli just started to be a major problem again is mindblowing to me. I went 2 years with the 690 and had very little problems. Then I went 6 months with my new rig and sli and very little problems. Fall hits and all these problems start coming back. It's unacceptable and makes no sense. I dunno why these problems even exist. A lot of enthusiasts have sli. Nvidia, or whoever you wanna blame, just decided to stop giving a fukk for some reason. I don't know why.

I blame the new consoles, but nobody here wants to believe that, so take it for what it's worth. But you have to admit the timing is strange.

Gpu manufactures are out here pushing 4k like it's the new big thing, knowing damn well you gotta have 2 or 3 top of the line cards for that. Then they go off and fukk up the mechanism that actually makes that shyt work. :wtf: :mindblown:

High end, bleeding edge is in trouble and that saddens me, cuz that's why I game on the pc. Hopefully shyt'll get resolved soon and go back to normal.

It has to, right? :sadcam:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Them samples like $12 :whoa:.
you're right, they're a little more expensive than I remember. some of them, like MaxKeyboard will take the price of the sampler off the price of a keyboard, but their keyboards are pretty pricey to begin with

I think the CM Storm is one of the better inexpensive mechanical keyboards

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/cm-storm-quickfire-pro-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/

monoprice actually makes one, but I can't vouch for the quality. it's also only cherry mx blue (clicky)

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=9433&seq=1&format=2

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Don't ever do a mini-itx build. spent the whole day taking it apart and putting it back together just to transfer a PC that already worked to a Fractal Node 304. Damn temps are idling in the high 30s to low 40s but I don't feel like re-seating the processor tonight so it is what it is.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
i seen some dude on youtube use his sisters stockings as filters

and it actually worked.

:lupe:

anyway, does anyone know what tool this guy is using to blow all this dust? :ohhh:

I wanna cop

computer-dust-cleaning-1177624.gif

air compressor

I had a vacuum cleaner that pushed air out and I used it to clean my pc, now I just take it apart and use canned air duster

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
@winb83
Mini-ITX are novelty builds or people with very small apartments and every square inch matters.

Stop bullshytting, get a full tower and build yourself a beast.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
@winb83
Mini-ITX are novelty builds or people with very small apartments and every square inch matters.

Stop bullshytting, get a full tower and build yourself a beast.
Mini-itx builds are for home theater PCs. They fit on the TV stand and blend in.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Mini-itx builds are for home theater PCs. They fit on the TV stand and blend in.
Meh, I guess. A roku fits my needs just fine. My days of downloading movies are done. If rather pay $3 to rent a stream instantly than to download a movie.