The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Meh, I guess. A roku fits my needs just fine. My days of downloading movies are done. If rather pay $3 to rent a stream instantly than to download a movie.

i just got a chromecast...it's dope.
plug a usb dongle into my TV and then set it up on my laptop, pc, phone or desktop and stream to my TV via wifi.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Meh, I guess. A roku fits my needs just fine. My days of downloading movies are done. If rather pay $3 to rent a stream instantly than to download a movie.
I don't really download movies either these days but I have all the premium channels and an HD Homerun Prime so this PC is my DVR / Cable Box and it mostly records movies all day long. It was in a full tower but It felt silly to have it in one. I still have the ATX motherboard, 700w power supply, and case. I'll probably buy an LGA 1155 socket processor off eBay and a stick of 8GB RAM and reuse it since I have a few extra hard drives lying around.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah, comes out this month... :ld:
still no release date on steam, though rockstar claims it's coming out Jan 27.

It'd be nice to see some recommended specs too.

If GTA IV is any indication, we shouldn't get our hopes up. I dunno if you were PC gaming then, but it was a disaster of a release :smh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If GTA IV is any indication, we shouldn't get our hopes up. I dunno if you were PC gaming then, but it was a disaster of a release :smh:
I wasn't really into PC gaming back in 2009. I played a few games here and there but I wasn't really into it.
Hopefully they can get the game running smooth on a good range of systems. I really want to play GTA V again but playing it on PS4 isn't doing anything for me. I need that pristine image quality at 60fps.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
um....yeah, clean your shyt out.
i clean the dust from the case fans once a month.
i clean the cpu, psu and gpu every 6 months.
once properly seated I typically don't take the heatsync off the CPU unless something is wrong. As many PCs as I've built I still haven't mastered the whole pea sized amount even spread thermal paste. Half the time my temps are too hot after I apply it.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
once properly seated I typically don't take the heatsync off the CPU unless something is wrong. As many PCs as I've built I still haven't mastered the whole pea sized amount even spread thermal paste. Half the time my temps are too hot after I apply it.

all the cpu's ive ever gotten come with the thermal paste already applied.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
whenever i buy a new graphics card, i always take it apart, clean off the pre applied thermal paste and put my own. evga is the worst, the bullshyt tim they put on their cards is disgraceful. if you own a evga card, do yourself a favor and wipe that bullshyt off your gpu and get some real tim like pk1 or gc extreme.

i also do wipe down my graphics cards twice a year. even tho i use my datavac to blow out the dust in my pc, your shyt will still get dirty and some dust will still always stick. i just wet a lil hand towel and wipe it down.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC

I put my HTPC away and replaced it with a Fire Stick and I really miss the option to browse the internet for movies on sites like Viooz and such

still I hardly ever watch movies so its not that big of a deal but it would be for someone else

all the cpu's ive ever gotten come with the thermal paste already applied.

I havent built systems in years but I remember it was always recommended to use your own thermal paste rather than the factory one, is that no longer the case?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

It still is today...

If you don't use commandlines you can't run the game above minimal options (800x600) on current hardware...:smh:

The game was worth every penny on PC though because the modding community saved it...

I'm still playing it, been testing this French Riviera map out with CJ da gawd...

f580om.png