The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I actually just picked that up the other day too. I had the same issue, and just re-installed the latest physx driver. I guess it installs an old (broken) physx driver during it's installation

and yeah, use dpfix. I knew I would need that before I copped, so I can't complain (thank you based durante). shyt's kinda cool because you can set arbitrary resolutions for the internal rendering and display, making it easy to downsample without changing the size of the UI. plus you can adjust settings that were never available ingame
Yea I finally got it running at 1440p...have u played the Penumbra series?..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yea I finally got it running at 1440p...have u played the Penumbra series?..
nah, looks cool though. I'm also playing Condemned Criminal Origins now, and it looks kinda similar (1st person 'horror' type game from the same era)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
nah, looks cool though. I'm also playing Condemned Criminal Origins now, and it looks kinda similar (1st person 'horror' type game from the same era)
Condemned is older than Penumbra I believe..Penumbra is made by the same people who made Amnesia...I heard Penumbra Black Plague was scarier tho..plus the series has a way better storyline from what I hear...Im thinking of getting Condemned as well..even tho I already had it on 360..how is it running on PC?..another game I gotta pick up is System Shock 2..I know its mad old but I wanna try it since the people who made Bioshock made it and its supposed to be great..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Condemned is older than Penumbra I believe..Penumbra is made by the same people who made Amnesia...I heard Penumbra Black Plague was scarier tho..plus the series has a way better storyline from what I hear...Im thinking of getting Condemned as well..even tho I already had it on 360..how is it running on PC?..another game I gotta pick up is System Shock 2..I know its mad old but I wanna try it since the people who made Bioshock made it and its supposed to be great..
Condemned is running great, plus it has a sgssaa bit. I picked it up for cheap in the GMG sale, but it's back up to $15 now

System Shock 2 is $2.50 though :patrice:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/system-shock-2/

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I had it so good in Chicago. shyt is just sad here. What's Houston like the 4th largest city in the US (Chicago is 3rd)? This big of a drop off is unacceptable :snoop:

I can't imagine what it's like for everybody in smaller cities.

Come back breh. You know rent is cheap for a major city here. :shaq:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i missed this, how is borderlands prequel on pc
Not as good as BL2. I got bored with it really quickly. I haven't had a desire to play it really at all. I had too high of hopes I think. I think the reviews in the 70s are pretty accurate.

I only played it for a few hours though. Just couldn't get into it :manny:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Not as good as BL2. I got bored with it really quickly. I haven't had a desire to play it really at all. I had too high of hopes I think. I think the reviews in the 70s are pretty accurate.

I only played it for a few hours though. Just couldn't get into it :manny:

BL2 was my first experience with the series and it hooked me.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
BL2 was my first experience with the series and it hooked me.
Same here. This pre-sequel wasn't even made by the same people I don't think. Being on the moon is bullshyt too. All this slow jumping. shyt just never caught my attention. I dunno if I'll ever go back to it to be honest. Maybe if I'm bored one day. But November is looking like it might have my plate full

I got overzealous and bought the season pass too :snoop:

Steam still hasn't charged me for the game though :ld:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Halloween Sale today I think....

futurama-steam-sale-robbed.jpg