The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
welp...gonna have some questions for you guys tomorrow before i run this SSD shyt.

go easy on me.
it's pretty simple. backup anything important. you also need to have at least 10% of the SSD 'free'

install the program and run it. first it will install the new firmware (real quick), and then need to shut down (full power-off shut down). then when windows starts back up, the program will restart automatically and get back to work. the last steps take some time, as it basically re-writes your whole drive. then it's done and (hopefully) you're good to go

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I dunno if samsung magician is the way to go about testing the the new update, but my results were marginal at best

ssd_speeds.png

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The posters on the user forums on Steam are funny sometimes. :laugh:
yup... I want my money back. on chapter 2 and already getting ill from this stupid lag effect they throw at you.. I hate this game.

edit, I just for the first time EVEr have been made so dizzy I threw up... I have requested a refund that I can put to better use on a better game.
:heh: It's not that damn bad.

For real though this game(The Evil Within) is nice but all these fixes and configuration you have to do to get an experience that should be configurable in game by default is annoying. On top of that, the fixes aren't without issues of its own. Removing the black bars and raising the FOV breaks the zoom on the sniper rifle and some button prompts I heard doesn't appear. :snoop:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The posters on the user forums on Steam are funny sometimes. :laugh:
:heh: It's not that damn bad.

For real though this game(The Evil Within) is nice but all these fixes and configuration you have to do to get an experience that should be configurable in game by default is annoying. On top of that, the fixes aren't without issues of its own. Removing the black bars and raising the FOV breaks the zoom on the sniper rifle and some button prompts I heard doesn't appear. :snoop:
Now you know how it feels to be on 3 monitors. These are the things I don't discuss here. But they are a constant problem that thankfully Hayden fixes rather quickly (I even donated to him, considering how much he's helped the community)

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Now you know how it feels to be on 3 monitors. These are the things I don't discuss here. But they are a constant problem that thankfully Hayden fixes rather quickly (I even donated to him, considering how much he's helped the community)
I had a 3 monitor setup and might actually look into that again, but I only did my gaming on the middle monitor.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
@2gunsup

@Malta

@daze23

Any hands on experience with the 980's or the 970's yet? my friend wants me to recommend parts for him, but I am not sure its worth it for these cards right now? I'm looking at the 4GB 980 for $550 and I'm like :ld: when are the 8GB models dropping?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
@2gunsup

@Malta

@daze23

Any hands on experience with the 980's or the 970's yet? my friend wants me to recommend parts for him, but I am not sure its worth it for these cards right now? I'm looking at the 4GB 980 for $550 and I'm like :ld: when are the 8GB models dropping?
the 970 and 980 are the best cards out... until something better comes along :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@2gunsup

@Malta

@daze23

The 6gb 780 didn't drop until like a year after the og came out. You might be waiting on those 8gb for a while, if history repeats itself.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think I'm about that 3 monitor life.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't think I'm about that 3 monitor life.
Its a hard and expensive undertaking. I think it's worth it, and others that have it like it too. You just gotta be used to fiddling around with shyt. It's 1000% better than it used to be, thanks to Hayden's hacking tool, but games still routinely fukk up little shyt. It can get annoying as hell. :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The 6gb 780 didn't drop until like a year after the og came out. You might be waiting on those 8gb for a while, if history repeats itself.
yeah, but I think the 4gb versions of the 2gb cards didn't take long. they could 'reserve' 8gb for 'big maxwell', kinda like how the Titan was the only 6gb card for awhile. but who knows really...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yeah, but I think the 4gb versions of the 2gb cards didn't take long. they could 'reserve' 8gb for 'big maxwell', kinda like how the Titan was the only 6gb card for awhile. but who knows really...
Yeah, it's really all up in the air. shyt, amd could come up with an 8gb card come January that is better than the 980/970. Then nvidia will respond.

It's way too early right now though. The cards just came out and are still sold out at a lot of places.

I'm curious to see what amd brings to the table.