The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
the whole game was hella creepy with the little girl popping up

F91CB5D74FB5F8BE1C5BF5CF34B4D2958DF57A40
I'm surprised it took you this long to play it. All of them are pretty good, but that first game is a classic to me

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Doesn't watch dogs pretty much require an overclocked i7 @ 5 GHz and 8GB RAM?
now that I look, it does require 6gb. the cpu requirements aren't anything crazy though (Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz)

that game ran fine for me when I turned textures down. I think it's got an unfair reputation as a 'terrible PC port'

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
KxjQWWi.jpg

No one cares about PC gaming :troll: I get more people in my house for friday night NBA 2k + Madden Tournaments :troll:

edit: those pictures kinda deceiving though even in Season 1 they still were in a big venue with thousands watching. Just not on the scale of 2014 though :whew:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm surprised it took you this long to play it. All of them are pretty good, but that first game is a classic to me
it's kinda sad that it seems fps games have basically regressed since then. now we're stuck with non-reactive, bullet-sponge, brain-dead AI

F.E.A.R. was actually developed by the same studio that did Shadow of Mordor (Monolith)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Watch dogs was a disaster. You gotta turn the textures down to sub-ps4 levels for it not to stutter.

Ubisoft should be given no leeway with that shytty port.

People had to hack it to get og graphics. People had to used hacked .exes for it to run smoothly.

shyt's unacceptable.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Watch dogs was a disaster. You gotta turn the textures down to sub-ps4 levels for it not to stutter.

Ubisoft should be given no leeway with that shytty port.

People had to hack it to get og graphics. People had to used hacked .exes for it to run smoothly.

shyt's unacceptable.
it was a "disaster" because you had to turn textures down? :comeon:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
it was a "disaster" because you had to turn textures down? :comeon:
Why are you calling this a good port now? :wtf: nobody was liking it. It's considered a bad port across the board by everybody

I see why everybody hits you with the:cape:

You shouldn't have to game at sub ps4 levels on a 780

The game was horribly optimized.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Just the idea that you had to go through a lot of troubleshooting and such, for a game to run somewhat smoothly, was whack.
"wack" and "inconvenient" sure, but hardly a "disaster"

if having to turn textures down is a "disaster", what do you call the situation with The Evil Within?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Why are you calling this a good port now? :wtf: nobody was liking it. It's considered a bad port across the board by everybody

I see why everybody hits you with the:cape:

You shouldn't have to game at sub ps4 levels on a 780

The game was horribly optimized.
I didn't play the game at 900p and 30fps, but apparently I lost to the PS4 cause I had to turn textures down

how's the PS4 version on 3 monitors?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
beat F.E.A.R. last night. great game. definitely a top-notch shooter, with some of the best shooting mechanics I've seen (IMO slightly better than Max Payne 3). the AI is also very good

not sure wtf was going on with the story though. it probably didn't help that I took some breaks playing this one

graphics are actually pretty good for a 9 y/o game. plus it has working AA and AO bits for nvidia inspector, so I was able to spice it up a little

I think it's a 'must play' for any FPS fan. I'm gonna check out the expansion "Extraction Point" next
The PC version of FEAR 1 is one of the illest shooters out there...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I didn't play the game at 900p and 30fps, but apparently I lost to the PS4 cause I had to turn textures down

how's the PS4 version on 3 monitors?
Unplayable because it stutters...still. And I need a hack to play it in 3 monitors because ubisoft forgot they promised that they were gonna make it surround/eyefinity enabled. And the hack doesn't work completely cuz the cellphone is all cut off.

If 2x vsync worked, and I could actually play it at a steady 30fps, I'd be happy, but that shyt doesn't work right for some reason, and still results in stutter.

I'm glad I didn't buy the game, but rather got it for free. It's one big mess.

I dunno why anyone would cape for ubisoft and watch dogs. :mindblown: It's a horrible port.