The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Brehs I've decided to get a 500gb SSD, gtx 970 and 24" monitor. I've already downloaded enough ram and I've got rice on deck.

Now the only question is do I wait until black friday or pull the trigger now as soon as I see something? Because atfer black friday I might wait till Xmas, and then there'll be some new shyt in the spring and then a whole new cycle.

How low can these SSDs go anyway?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So I turned off vsync. I'm getting like 120 fps no problem, even when fighting krackens and physx at ultra. But the second any human enemy gets on the screen my gpu % goes from 99% to like 50% (for no apparent reason...there is no bottleneck). :wtf:

It's only a problem when human enemies are on the screen. What could it all mean? Why is my gpu usage getting cut in half when human npcs enter the equation? Makes no fukking sense :mindblown:

Edit: On the steam forums other people are having fps drops too. Even with a 970. Something is wrong with the game I guess

Edit: The game is all over the place with GPU issues. It just drops my GPU usage for no reason in certain areas. I have no idea why. shyt makes no sense.

Putting Physx on high at least makes the game playable now. But these framerate drops are fukking outrageous!

Last edited:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Brehs I've decided to get a 500gb SSD, gtx 970 and 24" monitor. I've already downloaded enough ram and I've got rice on deck.

Now the only question is do I wait until black friday or pull the trigger now as soon as I see something? Because atfer black friday I might wait till Xmas, and then there'll be some new shyt in the spring and then a whole new cycle.

How low can these SSDs go anyway?
Rice on deck?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Your PC is going to kill you @Ciggavelli

You remind me of what I was like when I was younger...trying to squeeze as much performance as possible out of my first couple of builds.
But this is a 360 game. I can understand some next gen shyt. But a 360 game that is basically borderlands 2 re skinned (which ran much better)? My rig should do better. :to:

But you're right. I gotta squeeze out every last inch of performance usually. Gaming in 3 monitors is so fukking demanding.

Sometimes I wish I could be content with just one monitor. But it's too late for me now. I'm a surround/eyefinity convert
Dayyum, what you nikkas do for a livin?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So after going on the steam forum for Borderlands, performance is an issue across systems and cards during fights.

A lot of people are having the game have strange fps drops and poor gpu utilization.

@2gunsup I dunno how you're doing it, but :salute: Must be the fact that your dedicating a card to Phsyx or something. Or who knows what.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm getting texture pop-in at a distance in a lot of my games now (not skyrim, borderlands or shadow or mordor though). Does that automatically mean bad GPU or could something else be up?

Edit: The new shadow of mordor update completely ruined my game. It is unplayable now. Now my system is fukked up :snoop:

fukk this machine. I need to throw it to the bushes :mjcry:

Last edited:

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
So after going on the steam forum for Borderlands, performance is an issue across systems and cards during fights.

A lot of people are having the game have strange fps drops and poor gpu utilization.
So my performance with Physx at Ultra wasnt as good as I thought it was :guilty:. Running fraps, I would drop down to 15 fps during intense firefights. I changed physx to medium and fps rarely dropped below 60.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'm getting texture pop-in at a distance in a lot of my games now (not skyrim, borderlands or shadow or mordor though). Does that automatically mean bad GPU or could something else be up?

Edit: The new shadow of mordor update completely ruined my game. It is unplayable now. Now my system is fukked up :snoop:

First thing you should do is open Nvidia control panel and see how it is set up to play games...when Watchdogs came out, I turned off SLI for my cards because it ran smoother...but every time I rebooted it, SLI would be set to default...had this happen with other games...

Also check to make sure you don't have some random ass application running causing a memory or cpu leak...highly unlikely but does happen...

Reseat your cards...could be a pcie slot issue...which would suck :mjcry:

Gaming on 3 monitors past 1080p though breh I don't even know how you do it:mjcry:...just seems like all sorts of random shyt would go wrong for no reason :mjcry:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas

You know that game doesn't have an official sli profile yet? You have to force it on via the driver for now. In the nvidia control panel in program settings you have to change sli rendering mode to force alternate frame rendering 2.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So my performance with Physx at Ultra wasnt as good as I thought it was :guilty:. Running fraps, I would drop down to 15 fps during intense firefights. I changed physx to medium and fps rarely dropped below 60.

Yeah, I did some research the game is all fukked up with gpu utilization and physx. :mjcry:

First thing you should do is open Nvidia control panel and see how it is set up to play games...when Watchdogs came out, I turned off SLI for my cards because it ran smoother...but every time I rebooted it, SLI would be set to default...had this happen with other games...

Also check to make sure you don't have some random ass application running causing a memory or cpu leak...highly unlikely but does happen...

Reseat your cards...could be a pcie slot issue...which would suck :mjcry:

Gaming on 3 monitors past 1080p though breh I don't even know how you do it:mjcry:...just seems like all sorts of random shyt would go wrong for no reason :mjcry:

I'm gonna reseat my cards I guess. Everything in nvidia control panel is all good and I checked task manager for programs running and shyt and I'm all good.

This texture pop-in is very worrying though. :mjcry:

How would I I know it's a pcie issue? Does that automatically mean ruined mobo? (Which could have happened in my move :to:)

Random shyt goes wrong a lot. Three monitors can make you crazy :mjcry:

You know that game doesn't have an official sli profile yet? You have to force it on via the driver for now. In the nvidia control panel in program settings you have to change sli rendering mode to force alternate frame rendering 2.

Before the patch the game ran on ultra at like 40 fps in 3 monitors with a hack. Now the hack won't work, the game only wants to run at 1440p on my three monitors (so half of the first and 3rd monitor are cut off), and I'm getting like 12fps. Not to mention it crashed the shyt outta my system. :mjcry:

----------

And I can't work on any of this until tomorrow or Sunday :mjcry:

Last edited: