The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134523263&postcount=1369

There's a FOV-fix, made by K-Putt!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n1lc42nu1...Within.CT?dl=0

Works great without black bars (r_forceaspectratio 0 in launch options, the config.cfg or the console).

It's a Cheat Enginge-table, so you'll need Cheat Engine.

Comparison (sorry for the superdarkness):

Default FOV, black bars
evilwithin2014-1w3sje.png

90 FOV, no black bars
evilwithin2014-212s30.png

2xqlg2.gif

evilwithin2014-10-160jqxr5.png

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
nvidia inspector fixed borderlands micro stutter. :blessed:

Still dunno if the game is fun yet or not though...:unsure:

Edit: the game already broke a side-quest for me that I can't finish now:stopitslime:

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
nvidia inspector fixed borderlands micro stutter. :blessed:
Still dunno if the game is fun yet or not though...:unsure:
Edit: the game already broke a side-quest for me that I can't finish now:stopitslime:

yeaaaaaaahhh.....i'm gonna wait till i can cop it for $19.95 if i cop it at all.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
It's running poorly, it's all in slow-mo cuz you're on the moon. shyt really isn't fun. I might stop playing it. It might be worth a pass for real

nah...you need to play through and grind breh!
level up, get shytty guns and play with random clowns online who are way below your level so they can level up on your back....then come back and complain to us :takedat::pachaha::ahh:.

i need that in my life. :steviej:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Uh Oh or @2gunsup are you having performance issues with the new borderlands?

I have everything set to the highest settings (and phsyx on Ultra, which I think might be a new setting) and my fps are not good at all. I'm getting into the 30s sometimes, for what seems like no apparent reason. There is no CPU bottleneck and it's only using like 30% of my card. I dunno if it's a bug or not, or if it's just something to do with my setup. Curious to see if you have similar issues.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I have everything set to the highest settings (and phsyx on Ultra, which I think might be a new setting) and my fps are not good at all. I'm getting into the 30s sometimes, for what seems like no apparent reason. There is no CPU bottleneck and it's only using like 30% of my card. I dunno if it's a bug or not, or if it's just something to do with my setup. Curious to see if you have similar issues.
how is it with physx off (or on a lower setting)?

one thing I don't like about physx is it tends to cause irregular performance

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

having a dedicated physx card fix most of those problems though? That's how I used to roll when I was on my NVIDIA shyt.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
having a dedicated physx card fix most of those problems though? That's how I used to roll when I was on my NVIDIA shyt.
yeah, I always think about doing that with this gtx 660 I got collecting dust. I would need to upgrade my PSU though. it just doesn't seem worth it considering how few games use it

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
yeah, I always think about doing that with this gtx 660 I got collecting dust. I would need to upgrade my PSU though. it just doesn't seem worth it considering how few games use it
Will the new Batman game use physx? Arkham Asylum is what caused me to do that years ago.

edit: It will, may @2gunsup achieve 4K60FPS on that shyt :wow:

or 12K60FPS for @Ciggavelli :troll:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

I'll have to try it tomorrow with physx off. Everything was fine in BL2 with physx on max though, so I dunno what's going on.

Physx is normally never an issue. Like I can have advanced physx on with Metro and it's all good. I dunno what's up with this game

Last edited:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas

No issues here. I rarely drop below 90 fps. Most of the time I'm hovering over 120+. I have FOV @ 95, DOF off, and FXAA off in favor of SMAA which I installed via injector files. Everything else to the highest it can go. 1440p. I do have a dedicated physx card though, next time I rock I'll disable it and see if things are different.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'll have to try it tomorrow with physx off. Everything was fine in BL2 with physx on max though, so I dunno what's going on.

Physx is normally never an issue. Like I can have advanced physx on with Metro and it's all good. I dunno what's up with this game
The new Metro games are much better optimized than the original releases and have always been developed to take advantage of nvidia features from the jump though. Heavy nvidia backing for that shyt too if I remember correctly.

Do you have a free pcie slot? It might be worth looking into getting a dedicated physx card if its bothering you that much lol.

You have any of the batman games? How does physx affect those on your rig?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The new Metro games are much better optimized than the original releases and have always been developed to take advantage of nvidia features from the jump though. Heavy nvidia backing for that shyt too if I remember correctly.

Do you have a free pcie slot? It might be worth looking into getting a dedicated physx card if its bothering you that much lol.
This is supposed to be a nvidia optimized game too though. They were even giving it away for free with the purchase of a new 780 a month or so ago.

I think something is just wrong. shyt was fine with BL2. Something is fukked up on my end I think, but I don't know what. Could be anything.

I don't think I need a dedicated physx card. Every other game runs perfectly fine. I can even run phsyx with Black Flag too.

shyt's just got me :mindblown:

It may not even be physx either though. Who knows? I gotta go exploring tomorrow

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps

I have had some moments where I get really low fps, but for the most part everything's fine. I'm using a 7970 at 1440p, though. I have evrything set to high, Anisotropic Filtering at 8x and Physx at Ultra.