The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
you know the drill. you gotta test them individually to really be sure

anyway, did you finish Metro LL? what did you think of that game?

yeah, i know...i did that a while ago and thought i found the bad stick.
that solved the problem for about a year, then it started up again so i went through and thought i found another bad one.

now i have all 4 back in just to see what happens.

anyway, i really enjoyed the game.
the different stations were cool and i enjoyed listening to the random convos.
graphics were amazing and the voice acting was top notch.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
My cousins rig just caught on fire(sike it turned off) while playing The Evil Within. The CPU nor GPU was overclocked. :huh:
the CPU getting too hot can shut down the machine. or the PSU could be dying...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the CPU getting too hot can shut down the machine. or the PSU could be dying...
After a few minutes the bios hardware monitor showed a temp of 58c. It's an AMD FX 6300 CPU
my first guess would be the power supply.
see if the fan is working in it.
I guess so. It turned back on but I'd have to toy around with his shyt to see what's causing the issue(if it's just a one time ordeal that is.)

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
My cousins rig just caught on fire(sike it turned off) while playing The Evil Within. The CPU nor GPU was overclocked. :huh:

CPU's and GPU's don't have to be overclocked to get to hot...

He doing any liquid cooling? Check to make sure that is working like it's supposed to...

I had an old I5 rig where the liquid cooling stopped working and the cpu speed would be fine idle...but after say 15 minutes of game...shyt would shoot up to around 88c and the PC would shut off

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My other cousin tried to see if games could play on his PC since he sees mines and my other cousins PC play games fine. His setup is a AMD A4 3400 with Radeon HD 6410D with 4GB RAM:flabbynsick:.

I instead opted to stream the game from one rig to his and it worked nice. Lag was hardly noticeable. :blessed:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So far borderlands is meh.

It's got microstutter too and strange fps dips for no apparent reason (it's probably a win 8.1 thing...same thing happened in BL2 with the fps dips):mjcry:

Maybe I shouldn't have picked Nisha either. We'll see

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Holy shyt :wow: I just tried playing a game on my other cousins system and :wow: I could barely hit 30fps on RE5 with all settings low @ 720P. Dude is still playing it like it's nice. :wow:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
So far borderlands is meh.

It's got microstutter too and strange fps dips for no apparent reason (it's probably a win 8.1 thing...same thing happened in BL2 with the fps dips):mjcry:

Maybe I shouldn't have picked Nisha either. We'll see
Holy shyt :wow: I just tried playing a game on my other cousins system and :wow: I could barely hit 30fps on RE5 with all settings low @ 720P. Dude is still playing it like it's nice. :wow:

dat skruggle rig is making him happy though. :wow: