The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
What NAS setups you got, im looking at Synology I like their OS,

Want a few good TB's which I will of course RAID.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
:wow:

Why does it only show 4 cores? Weird. I can see your CPU, I'm not doubting you, but I only see 4 cores in the tests. Maybe your shyt is too new even for the benchmarking shyt :wow:

Seems like you are building something fukking insane, what gpus are you putting in?
because its the trial version of aida64. click the link below the pic to see the full specs

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
because its the trial version of aida64. click the link below the pic to see the full specs
3 780s too. Nice.

Hopefully you're gaming at 4k or in 3 monitors. You have the power, it'd be a shame to waste it on 1440p or 1080p <gasp>

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
What NAS setups you got, im looking at Synology I like their OS,

Want a few good TB's which I will of course RAID.

I am more of a fan of just getting a large case and using it as File Server rather than going with a NAS setup...most of them have 2 - 6 hard drive bays, which run out pretty quick even on a conservative basis...

Get a big case...a good raid card...you will thank yourself when you buy that 6th drive and can just pop it in a case...rather than not get a big case and not have anywhere to put a 6th drive

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
3 780s too. Nice.

Hopefully you're gaming at 4k or in 3 monitors. You have the power, it'd be a shame to waste it on 1440p or 1080p <gasp>
im currently using a korean 1440p monitor. will be upgrading to the asus 1440p 144hz monitor within the next couple of weeks or so. i could get it now, but i have no time for gaming as im swamped with work and school which i do both full time. when this semester is over, im finna game like crazy during winter break. seeing dat shadow of mordor got thirsty me, breh. hell, i bought my x99 shyt during within a week of its release and i was only able to fukk with it this past weekend. had to make sure all my shyt worked first before amazons 30 day return policy was up. im just glad i didn't have to rma shyt (so far) and pretty stoked i got a decent cpu.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
after bethesda kinda backed away from their 4gb of vram thing for The Evil Within (they released 'minimum requirements' that included a 1gb gtx 460). now it's rumored the PC version will be locked to 30fps. the rumor was recently 'confirmed' by the infamous cboat:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133318376&postcount=349

crazy buttocks on a train said:
PC TEW caped 30 fps, not dev internaly by TNGO.
xtnrnl wosrkshop.

:snoop: :camby:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
after bethesda kinda backed away from their 4gb of vram thing for The Evil Within (they released 'minimum requirements' that included a 1gb gtx 460). now it's rumored the PC version will be locked to 30fps. the rumor was recently 'confirmed' by the infamous cboat:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133318376&postcount=349

:snoop: :camby:

I doubt that...any game that ever comes out with a locked frame rate on PC, you can always get around it with just something like "gmpc_unlock_frame_rate =True" as either a standalone ini or added to the ini that has the gameplay settings on it...

I am pretty sure this is what people are doing to get around the Dead Rising 3 fps lock on PC

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I doubt that...any game that ever comes out with a locked frame rate on PC, you can always get around it with just something like "gmpc_unlock_frame_rate =True" as either a standalone ini or added to the ini that has the gameplay settings on it...

I am pretty sure this is what people are doing to get around the Dead Rising 3 fps lock on PC
thing is this game is using idtech 5. normally idtech 5 games are locked to 60fps, and trying to unlock that would cause issues. since this game was designed to be locked at 30fps for consoles, it's conceivable there could also be 'issues' unlocking it's framerate

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
thing is this game is using idtech 5. normally idtech 5 games are locked to 60fps, and trying to unlock that would cause issues. since this game was designed to be locked at 30fps for consoles, it's conceivable there could also be 'issues' unlocking it's framerate
you doubt the power of the master race? if this game turns out pretty good, i like the chances of the community doing something to remedy what these developers were suppose to do in the first place.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
7153771f_x99ockillacam.jpeg

http://valid.x86.fr/k169ph
:win:

If DDR4 pricing wasn't so ridiculous I'd have made the jump. I'm the type that would have to fill in each dimm slot though with 8GB sticks, :mjcry:

That Steam recommendation though, :heh:

QobD98C.png

Last edited:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm playing brothers and it keeps freezing at this cutscene, right after you save the girl and you're at a river in a cave. Any ideas

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you doubt the power of the master race? if this game turns out pretty good, i like the chances of the community doing something to remedy what these developers were suppose to do in the first place.
yeah, hopefully something can be done

but again, this has already been an issue with idtech5 games like Rage and Wolfenstein TNO, when people wanted it to run at over 60fps on their 120-144hz monitors. people figured out how to unlock the framerate, but it basically speeds up the whole game

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
so i was going on amazon to put a positive feedback of my x99 deluxe mobo. lo and behold, i see they dropped the price from $400 to $360 :shaq2:. i hit up customer service chat and told em if i could have the difference refunded and they said yes :gladbron:. amazon da gawd :blessed: