The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Whew :whew:

Just got done playing with x99 shyt. Got dat 5960x clocked to 4.5 ghz easy with only 1.3v. Cache clocked to 4.2 ghz w/ 1.25v. Ran aida64 stability for over an hour and temps were steadily in the high 60's considering I was only using a single 140mm rad for this hot ass cpu:skip:.

Wish I could run prime95, but it's not recommended with haswell e. Only thing that irks me is that I got 3000mhz g.skill ddr4 kit, and I can't run on those clocks cuz the cpu strap automatically changes to 125:stopitslime:. So I got it at 2666. Hopefully Intel fixes that shyt cuz I ain't fukking with a different strap.

This Asus deluxe motherboard performs just as well as it looks.
How the fukk did you get that 3.0ghz to 4.5? The unbelievable. I almost don't believe you :wow: You must have a 1% chip or something.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$50 case...what do you expect?
i am by no means balling but i dropped $150 for my case because it's gonna be with me for the long haul.
it is way more than i need now but it will be what i need in the future.
He just needed anything and his funds were low atm. It just screams low quality.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The power supply area had some mesh plastic obstructing the PSU from sitting flush on the bottom of the case which made things annoying.
did it have an intake and filter for the PSU on the bottom?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
did it have an intake and filter for the PSU on the bottom?
Idk what you mean exactly but there was some thin plastic mesh on the bottom of the case on the inside. It had little tabs on the outside of the case that could be pushed out. Idk if that's what you're talking about.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
For $12 more you could have copped a Corsair 200R. May be time for me to stop by MC and pick up a voucher, need that free Aliens, :shaq:

edit: Also, price of 290's recently dropped to $300, may have been able to replace your card with one on the low.

Let me get that dead light breh

Gave that one away already breh.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Idk what you mean exactly but there was some thin plastic mesh on the bottom of the case on the inside. It had little tabs on the outside of the case that could be pushed out. Idk if that's what you're talking about.
yeah, did you put the psu in with the fan facing down? a lot of the newer cases are made like that, so the psu is drawing it's own air from outside (as opposed to the hot air inside the case)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
yeah, did you put the psu in with the fan facing down? a lot of the newer cases are made like that, so the psu is drawing it's own air from outside (as opposed to the hot air inside the case)

yeah, my older cases had the PSU on top.

my current case has the PSU on the bottom with intake vents at the base.
i have my pc elevated about 3 inches from it's base so the air flow is dope....i also keep my pc about 3 feet above the ground because dust.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fan is facing up towards the components. I didn't want to put it the opposite since the case would be sitting on the floor thus blocking any air flow.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The fan is facing up towards the components. I didn't want to put it the opposite since the case would be sitting on the floor thus blocking any air flow.
the case should have some 'feet' to allow for some airflow. and regardless it should be on a hard surface, and not on a (dirty) carpet

never-the-less that is the reason the psu wouldn't sit flush on the bottom. it's meant to be in there fan down

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the case should have some 'feet' to allow for some airflow.
The space between the feet and the fan seems inadequate to me :yeshrug:
and regardless it should be on a hard surface, and not on a (dirty) carpet
:leostare: Who said anything about a dirty carpet?
never-the-less that is the reason the psu wouldn't sit flush on the bottom. it's meant to in there fan down
[Nah the little plastic thing I was talking about prevented it from sliding in to sit flush against the back of the case to where you need to screw it in to hold it.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
How the fukk did you get that 3.0ghz to 4.5? The unbelievable. I almost don't believe you :wow: You must have a 1% chip or something.
7153771f_x99ockillacam.jpeg

http://valid.x86.fr/k169ph
:win:

Last edited: