The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
Thinking about making the leap to PC gaming. After reading the last few pages of this thread, I see you guys are on some ultra high end shyt. I'm just trying to stay on par with next gen consoles.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Thinking about making the leap to PC gaming. After reading the last few pages of this thread, I see you guys are on some ultra high end shyt. I'm just trying to stay on par with next gen consoles.
Good luck, we're not there yet without spending a good amount.

Well, I guess we're better than 720p 30fps, but these recent ports have proven to be problematic.

It'll be better in a year or so though

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
PC gaming is a big house and there's plenty of room for everyone. most of the really popular PC games are not that high spec (Dota 2, Counter Strike, TF2, etc), and the better PC games will scale to various hardware. don't let the 'ultra or nothing' crowd scare you away. for me the appeal of PC gaming is that it's an 'open platform' with many options

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you not gonna be playing in 4K x 3 at 144FPS minimum go home. :camby;

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

you can do that easily.
the great thing about PC gaming is that you can adjust the graphics quality of your game.

you don't have to beast out on graphics with ultra...you can just go high or medium and still be on par or better than this current gen of consoles.

i'm in the ultra-high range with most games and i do not have a beast PC.

i have 12gb or DDR3 ram
i5 3570k CPU
GTX 760 GPU

i can put any game on my system and say with confidence that it will look better that it's console counterpart...hands down.

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
im building on a $500-$600 dollar budget, I aint trying to interrupt your high power shyt......

but whats good with them amd kaveri's? :steviej:

I want to play the new warcraft expansion, gta V, and try skyrim :steviej:

Probably going to run it with 8gb of 2133 ram as well

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
im building on a $500-$600 dollar budget, I aint trying to interrupt your high power shyt......

but whats good with them amd kaveri's? :steviej:

I want to play the new warcraft expansion, gta V, and try skyrim :steviej:

Probably going to run it with 8gb of 2133 ram as well
I'm gonna be the bearer of bad news again, and others will disagree with me I'm sure, but GTA V will more than likely be a problem. I see that needing monster specs to be comparable to the ps4. We even got developers saying that you need 2x the power of a ps4 for equivalent performance. GTA iv was a disaster on PC. You'll likely need a good graphics card and an i7 for those open world type games

Warcraft and Skyrim will run fine on a $500 machine though, but that shyt is last gen

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I really think people are underestimating the power of the PS4 too. shyt is remarkably good for $400. I dunno if you really can buy a comparable computer for that price. I'm just keeping it real :yeshrug:

And High is ps4. Ultra is almost impossible on these next gen games now apparently without spending a shytload.