The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Son don't believe that i7 bs...There's no need for that shyt...the 4690k literally just came out this summer...Its far more than enough..and I feel u bout being broke...lol..that's why I can't grab a 970 like I want to right now...
I just quit my job earlier this month so I been unemployed for a minute. I just been trying to get some cash fixing PC's and doing other services but it's not consistent.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Son don't believe that i7 bs...There's no need for that shyt...the 4690k literally just came out this summer...Its far more than enough..and I feel u bout being broke...lol..that's why I can't grab a 970 like I want to right now...
I feel like they recommend the i7's just because there are some kinda weak i5's out there. as long as you have one of the better i5's, preferably of the unlocked 'K' variety, you should be straight

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I feel like they recommend the i7's just because there are some kinda weak i5's out there. as long as you have one of the better i5's, preferably of the unlocked 'K' variety, you should be straight
It's kinda dumb to be as vague as "i7" tho...cause there's def a large amount of i5's stronger...they should give a insert "this model or better"...same way they name graphic card models....

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It's kinda dumb to be as vague as "i7" tho...cause there's def a large amount of i5's stronger...they should give a insert "this model or better"...same way they name graphic card models....
the kind of 'x-factor' is overclocking. a game really can't recommend someone overclock their cpu, even though so many PC gamers do

but I agree "quad core i7" is too vague. something like my old i7 860 would qualify, even though plenty of newer i5's would smoke that chip

there's also hyperthreading, but I've yet to see a game really use 8 cores like that (probably BF4). plus it's not magic, in that you're basically halving your clock speed to 'split' those cores. you're lucky if most games use more than two cores. although now both consoles do have 8 core amd chips, so we are seeing more multithreading

Ryse has that "Dual core with HyperThreading technology or quad core CPU (4+ logical processors)" requirement. I think that's good, because they're telling you what they need (4 threads). and some games do list a required/recommended clock speed as well

Wolfenstein TNO had the "Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD" requirement, even though it ran great on my i5. that shyt is wack cause it's basically crying wolf, and now every time I see an i7 requirement I'm gonna think it's BS... and one day it might not be :sadcam:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
been an iphone user since 2008

dont worry, I had a G1 before an iPhone and had androids, black berrys and windows phones as side phones.

when I first started at AT&T I had a G1, Blackberry Curve and iPhone 3G at the same damn time :russ:

at one point I had a blackjack and sidekick 2 :yeshrug:

but iPhone does what I want it to do the best out of any smart phone (the music player) so I go with it and got the 128 gb version :yeshrug:

put 6k songs on it today :yeshrug:

still got 70 GB left :sadcam:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
the kind of 'x-factor' is overclocking. a game really can't recommend someone overclock their cpu, even though so many PC gamers do

but I agree "quad core i7" is too vague. something like my old i7 860 would qualify, even though plenty of newer i5's would smoke that chip

there's also hyperthreading, but I've yet to see a game really use 8 cores like that (probably BF4). plus it's not magic, in that you're basically halving your clock speed to 'split' those cores. you're lucky if most games use more than two cores. although now both consoles do have 8 core amd chips, so we are seeing more multithreading

Ryse has that "Dual core with HyperThreading technology or quad core CPU (4+ logical processors)" requirement. I think that's good, because they're telling you what they need (4 threads). and some games do list a required/recommended clock speed as well

Wolfenstein TNO had the "Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD" requirement, even though it ran great on my i5. that shyt is wack cause it's basically crying wolf, and now every time I see an i7 requirement I'm gonna think it's BS... and one day it might not be :sadcam:
Yea I feel u...but since about 98% of game developers don't even know how to make use of it...i5 chips should be perfect for a while imo..unless it's a shytty console port...plus u forget that these consoles are sharing vram and ram..these consoles are limited as fukk and I don't think its right that these devs are trying to tell me my better hardware can't run games that look worse than games that came out on PC 2 years ago...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ryse PC comparison
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/93379

ibpzHuGZApiEwD.png

PC:

ibn1wMxY0avEPD.png