The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
4HUgyvM.png

Running forward for 13 hours at 60fps?? :patrice:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
http://www.maximumpc.com/microsoft_...and_wireless_xbox_one_controller_windows_2014

Microsoft Unveils Universal Keyboard and Wired Xbox One Controller for Windows
Posted 09/16/2014 at 11:45am | by Paul Lilly
Comments
Print
xbox_one_controller_windows.jpg
A keyboard that doesn't play favorites

Microsoft beefed up its hardware portfolio today, and two of the more notable items consist of a universal mobile keyboard that works with Windows, iOS, and Android devices, and a wired Xbox One controller for Windows. For those of you looking for a new rodent, the company also released an Arc Touch Bluetooth mouse and a Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 Limited Edition.

Getting back to the good stuff, the universal keyboard sports an OS switch that lets you change from one operating system to another while maintaining a fully functional keyboard. That means you can pair the keyboard with up to three devices and take advantage of each one's unique keys, like the Windows Control key, the iOS Command key, and Android's Home button, all on a single plank.

It also sports a built-in cover that doubles as a stand for your tablet or smartphone when opened up. When you flip it open, it turns the keyboard on automatically and initiates a Bluetooth connection. Closing the cover turns it back off. According to Microsoft, the rechargeable battery is good for up to six months of use on a single charge -- if it runs out of juice, it only takes 10 minutes to charge it enough to last a full day.

The Universal Mobile Keyboard will be available in October for $79.95 at the Microsoft Store and other places.

As for the Xbox One controller, it's now available for the PC. Like the version for the Xbox One, it sports over 40 improvements compared to the Xbox 360 controller. It also comes with a cable so you can enjoy a wired connection and not worry about battery life; it also works wirelessly, but only on the Xbox One, not PC.

The Xbox One Controller + Cable for Windows will be available in November for $59.95.

:blessed:
Unless I'm tripping, doesn't the Xbox One controller already work with PC with a micro usb cable? What's the point in this release?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Why is the Xbox one controller only wired? Is there a wireless version coming?
they need to come out with a dongle for the PC. I'm not sure what the issue is

I can't figure out if that "PC" x1 controller even takes batteries, or how it's different from the standard x1 controller

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Unless I'm tripping, doesn't the Xbox One controller already work with PC with a micro usb cable? What's the point in this release?
I think it's a different connector. I'm glad about that. Micro USB is too flimsy.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs why is my games flickering randomly for?? I just cut on Tomb Raider and there was artifacts over the screen. There was black spots flickering around the screen. My gpu isn't even overclocked.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Brehs why is my games flickering randomly for?? I just cut on Tomb Raider and there was artifacts over the screen. There was black spots flickering around the screen. My gpu isn't even overclocked.
Damn that shyt def sounds like a GPU issue tho...maybe it could be driver related as well..check ur temps..

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If you see artifacts in other games too, your card has gone bad